Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 4 year break from 40k is over! I didn't realize I was "gone" for that long but at least I have good reasons. In those 4 years my wife and I bought our first house, got a dog and had our first child! So life is pretty damn good. Glad to be back aboard.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Hey welcome back to 40K and congrats on the additions to the family.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome home!

Congrats on the wee one! :drinks:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congrats on the marriage and child! I'm hitting the point when you left: getting married, bought a house... But no kid yet (thank goodness, for now). Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome back! Congrats on getting a life :laugh: 6th edition is really fun and pretty easy to pick up, you'll learn quick.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I was able to get in a 850 point game yesterday, SM vs. SM. Some things came back to me right away and of course there was a ton of new stuff as well. Just enjoyed playing game that's for sure.

Now I know I'm going to need to pick up the new rulebook but the $75 hardcover book seems like a bit much. Will the mini-rulebook in the Dark Vengeance boxed set cover everything I'll need to know? If so where can I pick just the mini-rulebook up?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The mini rule book has exactly the same rules but none of the fluff - so if you're after fluff, get the big one.
If you're after a portable gaming rulebook, get one of the smaller ones :)

Ebay is your best bet or a bits site.

GW also do a bigger mini brb in hardback, that costs more than the little brb but less than the big brb...:laugh:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Def picking up the mini rulebook then, no need to lug around a huge hardcover book just to play the game. I'll get my fluff from novels and such. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts