Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at an apocalypse game like, 2 weeks ago. It was xenos vs the other guys and they had 4 baneblades! 4! I was like "Holy shit!"
though xenos won because it was made up of mainly nids though there were plenty of orks, I would say 2000 points of orks. I'm not sure, but it was a fun game to watch.
I wish I had brought a camera with me. :(

·
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman
564 Posts
I went to my local (40-minute-drive-away) GW yesterday, and saw they were having a "Tanksgiving" event, with oodles of armor.

Only saw two Baneblades. One an Ork-looted one and the other a mid-process conversion for Sisters of Battle.

Those things are awesome.

Someday, I'll think about getting one, if for no other reason than to build the thing!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Baneblades are awesome, but in Apocalypse, their awesomeness is diminished a bit by the sheer weight of firepower directed toward them. I'm glad they reduced the points cost for Apoc Baneblades.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
we're having a 20k per side game of apocalypse on saturday in bromley, we'll prob see about 15 baneblades in total.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I own two, a friend of mine who own a skullhamma owes me a third for doing some painting for him and there are eight more between two more friends of mine, when we get together it awesome! Baneblades rock!!!! I'm so happy with apoc.

·
Banned
677 Posts
My old armored company had 25 basic tanks, Weismann's Baneblade, another forgeworld baneblade, an armorcast baneblade, a forgeworld stormblade, and an armorcast warhound titan. I sold/traded off the two non-weismann baneblades and the warhound within the last year though. But I fielded that all once, in an apocalypse-style game well before the actual rules came out. My opponents had two warhound titans and a necron pylon. It was a sick game that had to end well before a winner was decided, but it was all in great fun.

Man I miss that warhound, lol.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
im getting 3 super heavy grav tanks then making them flyers >_< that would be awesome but illgeal

or ill get the decannon skimmer

·
Registered
238 Posts
Am running an apoc day tomorrow and so far i know there is going to be 3 eldar titans, 2 warhound titans, 6 baneblades, 14 landraiders, 1 thunderhawk, 2 thunderhawk transporters and a brass scorpion(mine)! will put some pics up tomorrow night.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got to baneblades and i just love puuting a marine or guards man next to em and seeing the sheer sive of it its beautiful i need more i tell ya more:biggrin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have three baneblades 2 of the new plastic and weisman`s old forgeworld 1 and a Forgeworld Warhound titan. I never really play them all at once unless its ether a massive game or the team im on have no super heavies whatsoever. But a stee fury company and a warhound titn is normally all the points im allowed in a game becasue we have many members on one team. The lack of infantry is disturbing but pplaying with only 4 models makes your army allot easier to follow :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
In a old tank record attempt I saw 12 baneblades,20-odd macharius and 8 odd baneblade varitents in one day (Made me cry at my number of tanks ^^;

·
Registered
634 Posts
man at our apoc game some dick got 10 terminators with power fists behine thats right behind!!!! a bane blade only to annilihate it and get killed by the blast!!!

·
Must Paint MOAR!
666 Posts
me and a freind recently when to the local GW and there was an apocalipse battle on, we plopped down out baneblades and the the total amout of 'blades was 12 i think, there were 5 eldar super heavys too, so yeah the board was Packed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts