Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
HQ
Kharn the Betrayer (160pt.)

Power armour; Plasma pistol; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Aura of dark glory; Gorechild; Mark of Khorne; Veterans of the Long War;

Chaos Lord (150pt.)
Mark of Khorne; Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Bolt pistol; Axe of Blind Fury; Sigil of corruption; Combat familiar;

Elites
Helbrute (115pt.)
Reaper autocannon; Missile launcher;

Helbrute (115pt.)
Twin-linked heavy bolter; Missile launcher;

Helbrute (115pt.)
Twin-linked heavy bolter; Missile launcher;

Troops
20x Khorne Berzerkers (482pt.)
Mark of Khorne; Veterans of the Long War;
1x Berzerker Champion Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Close combat weapon; Bolt pistol;
18x Khorne Berzerker Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Close combat weapon; Bolt pistol; Chainaxe;
1x Khorne Berzerker Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Close combat weapon; Bolt pistol; Chainaxe; Icon of wrath;

20x Khorne Berzerkers (482pt.)
Mark of Khorne; Veterans of the Long War;
1x Berzerker Champion; Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Close combat weapon; Bolt pistol;
18x Khorne Berzerker; Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Close combat weapon; Bolt pistol; Chainaxe;
1x Khorne Berzerker; Power armour; Frag grenades; Krak grenades; Close combat weapon; Bolt pistol; Chainaxe; Icon of wrath;

22x Chaos Cultists (98pt.)
1x Cultist Champion ; Improvised armour; Close combat weapon; Autopistol;
21x Chaos Cultist ; Improvised armour; Close combat weapon; Autopistol;

25x Chaos Cultists (134pt.)
1x Cultist Champion; Improvised armour; Close combat weapon; Autopistol;
24x Chaos Cultist; Improvised armour; Close combat weapon; Autogun;

Fast attack
Heldrake (170pt.)
Daemonic posession; Baleflamer;

Heldrake (170pt.)
Daemonic posession; Hades autocannon;

Heavy support
Chaos Vindicator (120pt.)
Demolisher cannon; Smoke launchers; Searchlight;

Chaos Vindicator (120pt.)
Demolisher cannon; Smoke launchers; Searchlight;

Chaos Spartan Assault Tank (285pt.)
Extra armour; Smoke launchers; Searchlight; Twin-linked heavy bolter; Quad lascannon(x2);

Chaos Spartan Assault Tank
(285pt.)
Extra armour; Smoke launchers; Searchlight; Twin-linked heavy bolter; Quad lascannon(x2);http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
773 Posts
I would guess you are using 2 FoC for this army due to the 4 Heavy choices. If however you could drop one I would recommend going for Helcults rather than the 3 Helbrutes with extra cultists. This will give them a 3+ cover save so long as a cultist is between the firer and your brute and obscures even the tiniest fraction of the model. Also the Cultists get 'Fearless' unless the brute dies, then they get Zealot.
If you did this for all the brutes you would need to find another 13 more cultists and split them into 6 groups of 10s, though just doing it with just 1-2 of them would be easy enough. (I recommend the reaper having a human cover shield if just 1)
If you do sacrifice a vindicator you could always get a void shield gen with 3 charges on it to give yourself a large AV12 bubble of protection vs the first few shots. And still have 20pts spare to buy more cultists or a few options below. This kinda stops a D-Weapon or Alpha Strike against those land raiders from having any real chance unless you are going against armoured fist or ridtide/broadside tau.

I also tend to like if I can fit it in to throw on a combi-bolter or combi-flamer on to the Spartans. This means that if something pens you and blows up a weapon it only has a 50/50 chance to blow up one of those quad lascannons, rather than 66.6%. Also the combi flamer is nice is you are going to be using them as Khorne bezzy delivery systems as they are going to be close enough to fire a nice flame in to somewhere as you drive them around.
More important than that is a Dirge Caster what costs just more than a cultist, as this might stop overwatch on those bezzys as they jump out and run in on the same turn with any luck. I know it is only 6" but you can drive right up next to stuff to do it :).

Also seems like your champions in the berserker units don't have Chainaxes like the rest of the unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts