Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
Got cocky after winning two games and challenged my friends to a 2 v 1. I get 3000 points they are allied and get 1500 each. They are probably gonna bring Tau and either space marines or space wolves. I want to break their bodies and feast upon their souls before the game is over, so i could use a little help. I split my army into two force orgs of approximately 1500 each.

Fateweaver

DP DoN, wings, armour, mlvl 1, greater reward

10x pink horrors with iridescent horror
10x pink horrors with iridescent horror
10x pink horrors

7x screamers
7x screamers

DP DoTz, wings, armour, Greater reward, Mlvl 1

Total force 1 - 1460

GUO - Mlvl 2, exalted reward, greater reward

10x plague bearers with plague ridden
10x plague bearers
10x plague bearers

4x plague drones with icon of chaos
4x plague drones with icon of chaos

DP DoN, wings, armour, Mlvl 1, 2x Greater rewards

Soulgrinder DoN Phlegm bombardment
Soulgrinder DoN Phlegm bombardment

force 2 - 1540

strategy:

Screamers move up field to draw fire, while plague drones move up behind, for no scatter deepstrike of multiple dps, the GUO and The 2 soul grinders. i was thinking of giving all the DoN DPs baleswords so multiple instant death weapons on the field. I want to take out their major players first, specifically a rune priest if they bring one. I want to take out the Tau army first, then work on the tougher shell of the Space wolves with out worrying about being shot in the back. I think this list should work pretty well for what i plan to do but i think it might need a little tweaking. @Mossy Toes and @Duskan I could use your advice

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well how are you bringing 2 daemon princes of nurgel? 1hq sure but the heavy can't be another nurgle. Since you took fate weaver the second dp would have to be tzeench not nurgel.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Right I shall have a look. At such a large points level it's hard to judge since u can pretty much get everything but I shall try.

Let's start with ur opponents. Tau are the major threat here. Marines are one of the easiest armies for daemons to kill, with poison and low ap weaponry available almost everywhere for a fraction of the cost of any other army. Tau are almost the best counter to Daemons in the game. Daemons main weakness is high strength and number of shots to get through their MC and invulnerable saves. And, as a tau player also, I can tell you they have that in abundance. Even charging into combat can be a downfall with supporting fire.

To take out tau u need to be in cc, and all at once. U go in peace meal and they can take you out piece by piece, charge them all at once and they can't cover all the angles and enough of your forces will get through. And once in cc they will be killed or run off the board.

They u can focus on the wolves. These guys will hit hard and with long fangs and divination they will hit hard. Try to make him waste his long fang shots on your FMC to dilute their shots. Again in cc you should crush him.

Now the list. First in the Tzeentch list I would drop the nurgle DP and replace with as many Heralds of Tzeentch on disks as you can get, and give one the grimoire. Roll all on divination and you should be enjoying a squad of 9 screamers and heralds with a 2+ rerollable invun. A screamer star will help you out absorbing shots and if u charge them in first them then your more delicate chargers can follow in unharmed.

The nurgle list is good, it's basically what I run thoug hi run heralds, as I find plague bearers last forever with FNP even with ignore covers weapons.

Bales words are amazing if the enemy has any MC or tough multiwould characters. But otherwise run any greater reward that keeps u alive. Fnp4+ and plus one wound with IWND are brilliant.

If there are any specific points lemme know.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Screamerstar is a viable tactic, certainly, though it's also considered very cheesy. If winning is the only thing that counts, though, by all means go ahead. You have almost all the models needed for it already, after all.

I would say fewer Horrors and more Plaguebearers, as a general rule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts