Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lords 746
Doombull, Heavy Armour, Shield, Slug Skin, Gouge Tusks, Gnarled Hide, Brass Cleaver, Ramhorn Helm, Eye of Night = 403pts

Doombull, Heavy Armour, Great Weapon, Crown of Horns, Cacophonous Dirge = 343pts

Heroes 307pts 2413
Gorebull, Heavy Armour, Shield, BSB, Beastbanner, Many Limbed Fiend, Gnarled Hide = 307pts (6 S6 Attacks, 2+ Armour Save)

Core 810pts
5 Ungor Raiders = 30pts

5 Ungor Raiders = 30pts

5 Ungor Raiders = 30pts

33 Chaos Warhounds = 198pts

32 Chaos Warhounds = 192pts

32 Chaos Warhounds = 192pts

30 Chaos Warhounds = 180pts

Special = 542
8 Minotaurs, Full Command, Shields, Blackened Plate = 542

Rare = 550pts
Ghorgon = 275pts

Ghorgon = 275pts

2997pts

General is a powerhouse on his own. Against a fully ranked up infantry unit, combined with the BSB, he himself is putting out 3-4 S3 hits before combat, 9/10 S7 Attacks with a -5 to Armour Saves, 1+ Armour Save, if passed, grants an additional attack at S6 with a -5 to Armour Saves. This means that should I take on some Elven Sea Guard 50+ unit, I kill 1-2 before combat starts. I'm looking at taking around 20 attacks potentially, of which 15 hit. 7-8 wound. 6-7 Save. Retaliation from Ramhorn Helm kills 5 or 6. I attack, with the Cleaver - hitting 6-7, killing 5-6, followed by the Stomp.

Himself, he has just killed about 14, but a grand potential of 38 (if charging)

Should he win a combat, it just increases as I gain more attacks.

The other Doombull holds an anchor. This makes the unit stubborn, so even if I lose the fight, I don't break, especially with the reroll, and a maximum Ld of 8, it's needed. The dirge ensures that I win the fights, and the Minotaurs gain an extra attack.

The BSB is not too shabby - adding a further 6 S6 Attacks to the mix, and a 4+ Armour+Parry to keep him alive.

The Warhounds are just something I'd thought I'd try. Not exactly Chaos Warrior killy, but should be good fun against gunlines. Go for the hard as nails minotaurs, which should defeat pretty much everything they come into contact with (4 S6 Attacks apiece), or go for the much lighter warhounds, and risk the threat to getting taken out by their faster movement. 120 M7 WS isn't anything to be sniffed at either. The fact that bigger bases = less template damage is always a good thing as well.

The Raiders are, obviously, there to be the minimum core units, lol. 15 Bow attacks will get me a couple of kills against some war machine crews, though, as they should be focussing elsewhere.

Minotaurs. I'd orginally planned 2x6 units, for each Doomlord, but as I dreamed up my fiendish plan, I though a semi-deathstar unit wouldn't be so bad.

The Killy General as I mentioned is awesome.
The defensive Doomlord as I mentioned holds the unit together, and grants additional attacks.
The BSB grants +1 Strength to the unit, and causes additional fun.
The Champion grants the unit a 4+ Ward Save against Flaming attacks
7 Other Minotaurs provide the killing power.

The Dual Ghorgon's are powerful as well - either drawing fire away from the Minotaurs, but mainly that's all they are. Also, it's there to flank enemy units - Thunderstomping, Frenzy, and Bloodgreed will combine to let it take out at least 2 or 3 Heavy Cavalry.

The main issue with this army is the reliance on the generals, with no ward save, cannon and ballista sniping is a real worry. But with the army general not being the Stubborn one, and being the killy one, the minotaurs and army are generally going to stay alive and in the fight.

One hopes.

Also, Initiative is a bit low, and magic will be a pain for those hiding out in units. But for loners, the number of fast moving dogs and the archers should put paid to them, especially if they lack war machines.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Holy shit, thats a lot of dogs. =O

I can only agree with what you've said and emphasize that at this point level you're very likely to be eaten by spells and gunfire. I really recommend taking the Chalice of Dark Rain somehow, its too good to be left out. Any other recommendation I could come up with (a Bray Shaman with Dispel Scroll, Slugtongue, etc) would brake up the core concept of the list so its kinda hard to give any useful advice.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
564 Posts
yeah, it is a massive dissapointment that there isn't even the option to make them core by a character.

i just use my Gorebull to make my Ungor spearment frenzy and also give him plenty of res/wounds from shooting

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well you could still spend half your points on Minotaurs, so its not THAT bad, but sure not as good as it could be. I could imagine the Brass Bull being the Minotaur equivalent of Throgg, but then again a Minotaur army would be crazy, even if a bit lacking in the magic department. Though the more I think about it the closer I get to Vaz's opinion. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts