Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Built to take on Necrons, my opponent will be taking one pylon and at least one monolith formation, the plan is to use the Falcons to take out monoliths, the revenant and sunstorm to bombard whatever, the vypers and Guideseers to take out necron squads.

The Phoenix will sail in once the pylon is out of the way and will hopefully start to harass lords or monoliths.

Finally the Nightspinner is in there, because its cool looking :crazy: , I mean to slow down any Necron advances.

Revenant Titan (AP) (800 pts) Pulsar x2
Sunstorm Squadron (690 pts)

Farseer (115 pts) Eldar Jetbike; RoWi, Guide
Farseer (115 pts) Eldar Jetbike; RoWi, Guide

Vypers x3 (240 pts) (Starcannon; Shuriken Cannon)
Vypers x3 (240 pts) (Starcannon; Shuriken Cannon)

Falcon (145 pts) Bright Lance
Falcon (145 pts) Bright Lance

Phoenix (350 pts)

Nightspinner (160 pts) Holo-Field; Shuriken Cannon

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure on the rending, but the nightspinner was effective in the end, killed a few necrons but more importantly slowed them down by a good few inches and kept their gauss weapons out of the way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice.I love it even though I Don't play apocalypse I know enough about it to say you need troops, because apocalypse is centered around objectives, even though you can take whatever you want it still is the troops that matter most although I really love the units in this list, and I hate necrons!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have yet to face a Necron Army I couldn't phase. The list looks good and hits the Necrons where it hurts, Mobility. Keeping them at range and laying into them is very effective. I personally would have used a Cobra 2 though

Its just more fun to whip out the 10' template

yes Rending does deny the WBB

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Eldar Guy - all units count as scoring units in apocalypse, so I can capture with my bikes and tanks :D and I was going for phase out in all honesty

@SeerKarandras - yeah the Cobra would have been very useful for clearing necrons and clipping monoliths off of the board, currently I only own the sunstorm and the titan, but hopefully come xmas and the release of the Phantom I will have some 10" pie plates to fling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts