Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to work up a competitive 3k list for ard boyz and wanted some input on the list that i've put together with the help of a friend

lords:

kairos fateweaver

heroes:

skulltaker on jugger

herald of slaanesh

herald of slaanesh

herald of khorne w/armour or khorne

core:

25 bloodletters w/musician and standard, icon of endless war

19 daemonettes w/musician and standard

19 daemonettes w/musician and standard

special:

5 flesh hounds

5 flesh hounds

rare:

4 flamers

4 flamers

4 flamers

5 fiends

heralds go with their respective units and skulltaker joins the fiends.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
885 Posts
This is a tough list. Fiends are very fast and get the stomp but I've found they can get killed with shooting and magic. If you go with bloodcrushers, which are better now, then you drop the fiends and some of the flamers. I think flamers are really important because of their skirmish and shooting ability. You have no effective shooting without them. I understand the set-up, but I'd look at taking a Herald of Tzeentch on a chariot as a back up caster and dispel support (inc ase Kairos fails a cast or dispel). Lore of Life is really good for Daemons and a Herald of Tz can take loremaster. Kairos is vulnerable in combat. So, Kairos has to be protected.

We're finding that shifting to a larger block of bloodletters is optimal. They are clearly your best core unit and can tear up the enemy if they get into combat and are augmented by Lore of Life. Use Lore of Life to boost their toughness and replace numbers, as they can be shot up and they will rock. We then run one smaller unit of Daemonettes and two units of bloodletters with daemonettes, fiends, hounds, and flamers for flank protection. The khorne units are resistance to magic, which is very helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts