Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am having trouble putting together a competitive 3k UM list from the 5k (ish) worth of models I have. A 'brief' summary of what I can field is below

6x Tactical squads- mixes of plasma guns/heavy bolters/melta guns/ MM/ Lascannons/flamers/ missile launchers
Seargents with combi weapons/ power swords & fists

Stormtalon Gunship x1
Stormraven Gunship x1
Land speeders x 4
20+ terminators (no assault at the moment however :( )
Sterngaurd Vet squads x2
3x Dreadnoughts & 1x Venerable Dreadnought
7 man bike squad & 3 attack bikes- interchangeable weapons
Marneus Calgar
Chapter Master with lightning claw & Combi plas
Tigurius
Various chaplains (terminator/ bike/ jump pack)
Captain Sicarius
Command Squad (Champion/ Apothecary/ standard bearer)
4x Rhinos
3x Drop pod (2 unbuilt)
3 land raiders (1 unbuilt)
3 Vindicators (1 unbuilt)
2 predator annihilators
1 Thunderfire cannon & Techmarine
2x Devastator Squads
2x Assault squads (1 squad unbuilt)
10 man scout squad with Telion & Missile Launcher/ heavy bolter/ shotgun/ sniper rifles

Generally was considering a mobile armoured force, consisiting of land raiders and vindicators, with tactical squads and assault squads. Backed up with flyers and land speeders. Thinking of running Calgar and command squad in a drop pod to take out priority target T1 (incredibly risky however)

What are your opinions/ criticisms/ ideas for this game? I will be facing orks/ tau/ chaos daemons.

Thanks in advance :)

· Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran a similar list that you specified, however, due to my friend changing his list without telling anyone ( expected necrons, got greater demons) my list suffered as a result: I got into a fist-fight with a 999pt Lord of Change- guess who won lol ("who brings a power fist to a god-fight?")

We are having a similar battle this following Monday at Warhammer World. 9000pts per team, 3 guys on each team. I know for a fact I may be facing up to 3 Knights, a baneblade and a box-full of greater daemons from each chaos camp.

Now I have an issue. Comsidering the sheer volume of super-heavies I will be facing and the fact I cant afford any of my own (saving for a house will do that to you) what would you suggest?

Ideas are more than welcome :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.