Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Honestly, I don't see the reason to pay for those files. You still need to print them out and I would rather use some of the open source files available on the net or create them myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting to see more details but from what I saw I don't think that I could be able to make the same thing by myself...
And I did look to a lot of open source design and there is not much for fantasy wargaming...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yet for the prices they are wanting in the kickstarter you can buy terrain that is already ready to assemble. Unless you already have a 3d printer your still going have to pay for these to be printed and shipped to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3 houses for 15€ ? and you can print them as much as you want and make many variants, i'd like to see what I could get ready made at the same price, even if each house I print costs me 2 or 3€ !

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
had i owned a 3d printer, i would have backed. BUT. With the cost of a 3d printer AND 3d files, i can field 50+ GW scenery pieces, so..well...yeah.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you getting things printed for so cheap? Seriously that's friggin' nothing even to me and the CAD is shit.
Apparently it seems to be the price of plastic you willl use to print one house of the KS, it's explicated in the story of the ks.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
That is the cost of material yes, I am sure we all read that. The thing is, to print out one of those things would take a few hours at the very least. Our point is that for you to go somewhere and print out a full house or to send off and have it printed will cost a chunk of money. To print out a full game board of terrain is a lot of time printing on one of the more basic printers, and speed will cost even more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I'm Bruno,

one of the guys behind the KS and I'd like to reply to your questions if you want me to do so !

Regarding the costs involved, a complete printed 2 level house represents approximatively 120g of ABS or PLA, at the cost you can buy it right now that's less than 3€ and with hiqh quality premium filament, divide by 2 if you choose to use standard imported stuff instead.

We design our models so that even a entry level printer at 200€ will give you very good results, there's really no need to buy a 3000+ printer, you won't have a better result. The only important parts when choosing one is to have a printing volume of at least 15x15x10cm and to be able to use non proprietary filament as you will pay premium price for it with no differences.

You can also print our models at a fablab or maker/hackerspace for almost nothing, look for one near you I'm sure that you will find one !

Regarding our designs, calling them shitty is not very cool, you have the right to dislike them but they do represent a lot of work with fully designed interior and I have yet to see free designs of this quality...

I hope you won't mind my intervention and will reply to any questions you might have !

Bruno

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
You have any close up shots of the printed results of these files? Especially from simple entry level printers?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
We design our models so that even a entry level printer at 200€ will give you very good results
Well, this is cool. I'll wait for those close up pics of final results!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it looks very cool, i think i will upgrade my pledge level to take the ruined version to.
It would be very cool if we could unlock the Bloodbowl stadium :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
that is actually a clever thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts