Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I were looking at the Calth box set for a while and he finally decided it was worth the purchase. Neither of us give two fucks about the 30k game but we both agreed the models were great and better value than most kits gw has.

So with a little bit of thought, we agreed they could go well in his ultramarine army. I agreed to buy him several UM sprues on the condition that I be allowed to build them all. :grin:

The sprue is great, and the calth marines are a great base. I made an honour guard squad first, not quite as impressive as the actual models, but neither of us were that big on the whole wing faced helmets anyway.

Champion:

Ancient:

And the rest:

Since the honour guard are listed as having boltguns, power weapons and bolt pistols, the kit provided everything necessary to give the desired model loadout. Holstered pistols and sheathed swords as well as a boltgun to hold. The UM sprue is apparent on all of their heads/helmets, the champion's weaponry and their shoulder guards.

The effect should hopefully be completed once they are painted, the traditional blue with gold on their helmets and shoulders and possibly one or both kneepads.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With one lot of ten we made a sternguard squad, and will likely do the same with the next ten, leaving the last five as yet undecided.

It's pretty much pure calth marine at this point, with the exception of the shoulder guard on the sergeant with the dangling bullet case.

The squad is equipped with two meltas, two combi meltas. The sergeant also carries a combi melta and a sheathed power sword.

Also, I realize the sheathed blades are probably just combat blades, but they'll work as the power weapons we want them to be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts