Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, some WIP shots; just seeing how the blue comes out (I was deeply skeptical of Forge World's "drybrush > wash > airbrush" with wacky paints and products but hey, it's only a few hundred pounds and a few thousand points; what could go wrong?).

Hmm, a bit shiny I thinks to myself. So, we try covering the model with Lahmian Medium (the guide says to seal with Purity Seal, which as the pictures here will show would probably be better...)

Very dusty/cloudy. Now, a midnight sky is what we're going for, but not an overcast one, so that idea goes out of the window. The gloss will stay. Fire away on the trim and details!

A Sergeant that I fucked up and drybrushed with Pewter Rub 'n' Buff too heavily and came out as an Alpha Legionnaire;

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Colour scheme broadly established and willpower to stick to my sacrificial Tacticals waning, I move on to an Executioner;

Fuck it, I've got blue in the gun.

Comments, critique, vitriol, all welcomed. I'm thinking the red on the Legion icons is a bit too dun, needs to be brought up to the next brightest red (Mephiston Red, I think, from Khorne Red?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts