Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So me and my friend haven't played in a while and were planning on playing 3000pts. I know thats not normal standard points but we dont care,we just wanna use a lot of units and have a long game.Im going to be using Orks Unbound and he is using Eldar.We havent played in a very long time so we dont have the newest types of models.Neither of us have flyers or super heavy units so I dont have to worry about any of that.I assume hes going to have a versatile force, some melee units as well as ordnance to take out my horde.He usually likes to use a couple of walkers as well.Any comments are appreciated....Here is my list:

HQ

Big Mek-129pts
-3x Ammo Runt
-Cybork Body
-Gitfinda
-Shokk Attack Gun
-Warbike

--He will move around solo depending on the position of my friend's army placement.

Bike Warboss-125pts (Warlord)
-Gazbag Warbike
-Bosspole
-Power Klaw

--He will be with 10 Nob Bikerz and going right into combat.

Painboy-75pts
-Warbike

--With Nob bikerz and warboss

Mega Armor Warboss-140
-Bosspole
-Cybork Body
-Da Lucky Stikk
-Mega Armor
-Kombi Rokkit Launcher

-Will be with 5 meganobz in a battlewagon.

Elites

Meganobz x5-380pts
-2x Killsaw
-2x Killsaw
-Kombi Rokkit
-Kombi Rokkit
--Boss
-2x Killsaw
----Battlewagon-140pts
-4x Rokkit Launcha
-Zzap Gun

--Get into combat

Biker Nobz x10-600 (ouch)
-Waagh Banner
-4x PK
-6X Big Choppa

-Get into combat

Tankbustas x12-186
--Trukk
-Rokkit Launcha

-Roam around shooting outve the open topped truck.

Tankbustasx12-186
--Trukk
-Rokkit Launcha

-Same as above.

Troops

Choppa Boyz x30-225
-Nob
-PK
-Bosspole
-Kombi Skorcha

-Objective/Get into combat(left)

Choppa Boyz x30-225
-Nob
-PK
-Bosspole
-Kombi Skorcha

--Objective/Get into combat(mid)

Choppa Boyz x30-225
-Nob
-PK
-Bosspole
-Kombi Skorcha

Objective/Get into combat(right)

Choppa Boyz x12-72
-Nob
-PK
-Bosspole
--Trukk
-Rokkit Launcha

-Objective or go for rear assault on vehicle

Heavy Support

Looted Wagon
-Killkannon
-3X Rokkits

Mek Gunz x5-115
-5x Zzap Gun

Mek Gunz x5-150
-5x Smasha Gun

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like these kinds of games. I like the list but a few things I might change or drop.

The cybork on the SAG mek he has the bike the cybork does not make sense. The zzap gun on the battlewagon I would drop it and use the points for something else the rokkits will usually take care of things. I am not a big fan of zzap guns, rolling to hit and then rolling for strength is usually not good. Smash guns are worse in my opinion. I would get some lobbas in there to take out or soften up his troops. Big shootas in the boyz squads are great at killing eldar troops at 36 inches and they can't shoot back they don't have the range. You may want to get a unit or two of grots if you are playing objectives. They are usually ignored so they are great at sitting on objectives.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm with Morfangdakka on this one zapp guns are two unreliable.

Also put definately put some big shootas with your boyz and maybe change 2 of the troops to shoota squads if you are going to hold an objective that way you can shoot 60 shots at them at 24" range as opposed to having to wait to fire 30 shots at 12" range.

Also don't underestimate the power of the lobbas 48" range pie plates swap out your zapp guns for the lobbas. then you aren't relying on a BS to hit something either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts