Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my planned Ard Boys army list. This list is 3000pts. of Night Goblins. Looking for any tactic advise, any general advise, any recommendation. What are your thoughts Id like to hear the good and the bad.

Lords
Night Goblin Warboss
Martog's Best Basha
Armour of Destiny
Enchanted Shield
Dragon Helm
Mad Cap Mushrooms

Total 155

Night Goblin Warboss
Sword of Bloodshed
Bigged's Kicken' Boots
Light Armour
Shield

Total 151

Night Goblin Warboss
Wizard Hat
Great Axe

Total 161

Night Goblin Great Shaman
Lvl 4
Book of Ashur
Channelling Staff
Magic Mushrooms

Total 280

Hero
Goblin Big Boss
BSB
Badmoon on a Stick

Total 110

Core
40 Night Goblins
Spear
Command
Nets
3 Fanatics

Total 290

40 Night Goblins
Spear
Command
Nets
3 Fanatics

Total 290

40 Night Goblins
Spear
3 Command
Nets
3 Fanatics

Total 290

40 Night Goblins
Spear
Command
Nets
3 Fanatics

Total 290

8 Night Goblin Wolf Rider
Short Bows

Total 104

Special
Night Goblin Wolf Chariot
Extra Crew
Extra Wolf

Total 66

Night Goblin Rock Lobber
Night Goblin Spear Chukka
Night Goblin Spear Chukka

Total 140

Rare
Trolls
Stone Trolls

Total 180

Giant
Giant

Total 410

Night Goblin Doom Diver

Total 80

Lords
24.9%
Hero's
3.666666667%
Core
42.13333333%
Special
6.866666667%
Rare
22.33333333%

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
You gobbo blocks are small. Very small. I assume you're going for Hordes on these, 4x10. They won't be stubborn against 6x5 units, most likely. I'd say up the 40 to 50, at the very least.

·
Registered
825 Posts
no tricksy trinket?

Goblin Warboss:
+Tricksy Trinket - You cannot make ward saves
+ Shaga's Screamin Sword - +1S +1A for every ebeamy character within 12" (with the new army composition, in 3k you can easily have 4, 5 or even 6 enemy characters in range

This goblin DESTROYS enemy characters, especially ethereal Slaan, Archaon and assorted other hard hitters.

Also, As Creon says, your gobbo blocks are too small, if you're going horde with spears you need at least 50 so you have that spare rank of casualties.

I'd also look at taking Skarsnik as his special rule to delay things is a game winner on ocasion.

Warboss + wizard hat? why not just take another gobbo shaman. Yeah the lores are good, but I'd stack up on gobbo shammies to get all 6 little waaagh spells.

In my experience mad cap mushrooms are not really worth it.

I'd also lose the spea chukkas. no +1 for large targets means you're not hitting the big scary stuff on 4' and 3's anymore. They ARE cheap, but you'd be better served with another doom diver.

SQUIG HOPPERS!! I cannot recommend these enough. 2 attacks at S5. In a GOBLIN army. inexperienced opponents will ignore them believing them to be one of the comedy units.... right up to the point where you annihilate something with them.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Maybe something like this. Not sure on points as I don't have my book to hand so you'd have to jiggy stuff

Night Gobbo Warboss
Trinket, Amulet of protectyness, screamin sword

Night Gobbo Shaman (lvl4)
Sneaky Stealin

Night Gobbo Shaman (lvl 2)
Feedback Scroll

Night Gobbo Shaman (lvl 1)
Dispel Scroll

Hex Scroll

Leeching Scroll

Night Gobbo BSB
Spider Banner (poison attacks, stick him in a horde unit and laugh)

Night Gobbo Big Boss
Giant Squig
Brimtstone Bauble

Night Gobbo Warboss (this is your survival goblin / general)
Collar of Zorga
Dragon Helm / Armour of Gork

50 Gobbobs spears, nets, fanatics NO CHAMP std/msc
as many as you can fit in your army

10 Hoppers
10 Hoppers

Giant
Giant
Giant
Giant

Doomdiver
Doomdiver
Doomdiver
Doomdiver

something like that.

The level 1 shammies are there to carry scrolls, channel for power dice and 1D6 cast the dinky little magic missile. It's not great, but used in numbers I've killed vampires with it. Gaze of Gork is a signature spell for Gobbos so you can stack it acros all your shammies and Hadoken your opponent all day.

You have a character killer warboss, a survival one with T5, and some other toys.

Then as many gobbos as you can lay your hands on.

I'd be tempted to stick a lvl 4 and lvl 2 orc shaman in the list for the other spells as waaaagh is simply stunning, you can be halfway across the table before your opponent even starts, getting all those fanatics right in the middle of his army.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
not sure but don't you have to many magic armour items on your lord, armour of destiny,enchanted sheild and a helm. It's 1 of each section unless I've missed something.
As every ones said your gobbo blocks are too small, 50 is about right if you want them to hang around.
Squighoppers are awesome and so are squigherds if they rampage.
Artillery wise doomdivers and rocklobbers are the way to go if you want to cause damage.
giants and trolls are hit and miss trolls because your ld sucks giants are just too random and it's not like you have an elite army that you want to draw fire from.
ninja'd

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
For a strong character counter melee Night Goblin, I find you can't go far wrong with;

Lucky Dirk, Spiteful Shield, Warboss Um's Best Boss At, Tricksy Trinket = 85pts on Magic Items.

Add in a Great Squig, and you're rolling.

Against, for example, Archaon, you have the grand old strength of 8, (bringing his armour save to 6+, and ignoring his ward save. With a potential 18" Charge, you're likely to get that charge, and, then, provided you hit and wound with all your attacks, you're going to be able to cause him some horrendous damage. Yes, that's 190pts of Character ripping apart Archaon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
825 Posts
For a strong character counter melee Night Goblin, I find you can't go far wrong with;

Lucky Dirk, Spiteful Shield, Warboss Um's Best Boss At, Tricksy Trinket = 85pts on Magic Items.

Add in a Great Squig, and you're rolling.

Against, for example, Archaon, you have the grand old strength of 8, (bringing his armour save to 6+, and ignoring his ward save. With a potential 18" Charge, you're likely to get that charge, and, then, provided you hit and wound with all your attacks, you're going to be able to cause him some horrendous damage. Yes, that's 190pts of Character ripping apart Archaon.
I dunno, I find that without amulet of protectyness to steal ward saves, anything with a higher initiative still eats the gobbo.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
made the units 50. took out the champ in each. dropped the bolt throwers. and the trolls. made the wolf riders a 10 strong. I have a hundred points to use. what to do. this is my old edition army so im looking to use what i got and make the best out of it till my new empire army is down. then the old gobbos get retired. so im not looking to but new models. I could add two lvl 1 shamans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts