Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be cheesy but isn't that fitting for an army full of rats. In all seriousness, it seems like a really solid list. I can build a good portion of it out of the new Isle of Blood set (picking at least 2 of those up) Thoughts?

Lord:
Grey Seer /w Screaming Bell, Shadow Mage Trinket

Hero:
LvL 2 Warlock /w Doom Rocket, Energy Condenser
Chieftain /w Storm Banner, Shield
Chieftain /w Sword of Strife, Dragonhelm, Shield
Chieftain /w Ogre Blade, Enchanted Shield

Core:
50 Clanrats /w HW/S, Full Command, Poison Wind Mortar - Pushes Bell
30 Clanrats /w HW/S, Full Command, Poison Wind Mortar - Chieftain here
30 Clanrats /w HW/S, Full Command, Warpfire Thrower - Chieftain here
30 Clanrats /w HW/S, Full Command, Warpfire Thrower - Chieftain here

Special:
10 Globadiers
6 Rat Ogres /w Handler

Rare:
1 Hellpit
1 Hellpit
1 Warp Lightning Cannon
1 Warp Lightning Cannon

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd drop both Warp Lightning Cannons, Globadiers and 1 chieftain to boost the 3 clan rats to 40 man each and if 2 Plagueclaw Catapult.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not sold on the ogres. Their a good units, but how much can they accomplish at 3k with so few? Other than that it looks quite solid.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd drop both Warp Lightning Cannons, Globadiers and 1 chieftain to boost the 3 clan rats to 40 man each and if 2 Plagueclaw Catapult.
While I understand the reasoning behind boosting the clan rats up in #'s I'm sort of relying on the cannons/globadiers to take down any big baddies. Otherwise I really don't have anything to put the hurt on say, a stegadon. I can tie them up all game sure, but you get no VP's for that.

Not sold on the ogres. Their a good units, but how much can they accomplish at 3k with so few? Other than that it looks quite solid.
Yeah, I'm including them because you get a couple in the Isle of blood set. I imagine I'll put them on the flank and use them to deter cavalry and such.

·
Registered
55 Posts
While I understand the reasoning behind boosting the clan rats up in #'s I'm sort of relying on the cannons/globadiers to take down any big baddies. Otherwise I really don't have anything to put the hurt on say, a stegadon. I can tie them up all game sure, but you get no VP's for that.
If your want monsters dead your best bet is to use hell pits or doom wheels. I never like the Cannon too unreliable if u want to use, best of luck but i wouldn't put them in out of fear for something like a steg or other big bad monster. If either of these a problem i found Jezzails can work wonders due to range and a high str shot. I actually used my skaven in tourney about 2 weeks ago the only really threat i seen to my army was a empire list with quite a few mortars (thankfully gutter runners saved me). When it came to things like stegs I just introduced them to skaven magic. All in all i wish luck

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your want monsters dead your best bet is to use hell pits or doom wheels. I never like the Cannon too unreliable if u want to use, best of luck but i wouldn't put them in out of fear for something like a steg or other big bad monster. If either of these a problem i found Jezzails can work wonders due to range and a high str shot. I actually used my skaven in tourney about 2 weeks ago the only really threat i seen to my army was a empire list with quite a few mortars (thankfully gutter runners saved me). When it came to things like stegs I just introduced them to skaven magic. All in all i wish luck

Hmm, I guess I could exchange the 2 cannons for a unit of 10 or so jezzails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts