Full command

7 Big 'Uns Boar Boyz
Full command

Orc Boar Chariot-80

Two Spear Chuckas
Orc Bullies

Giant- 205

Total- 2994

This is the force i'm thinking of aiming for. Didn't know what would be more helpful, a lvl 1 goblin shaman with mad cap mushroom or a snotling pump wagon, i figured the shaman would be more in keeping with Grimgors waagh.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you take the BSB upgrade, you cannot also have a shield (unless you're a High Elf).

I'd drop a Fanatic for another Dispel Scroll. You're awfully weak on the magic protection, especially at 3K where you can face 14 dice of opposing magic (more if you're facing Tzeentch).

#4 ·
It looks like a decent start. Once you've actually played with it a bit, you'll have a better idea of what units work for you and where you're lacking.

Personally I always like to have a few Wolf Riders to get flanks and take out the occasional war machine, but your own experiences and opinions may differ.

#6 ·
It's an option. I'd personally be more inclined to drop some Night Goblins for them. Neither is better or worse really.

#7 · (Edited)
If i took out a unit of Night Goblins i would lose the fanatics which are pretty deadly and leave one of my shamans vulnerable, but if i stick the level 2 shaman on a wolf and stick him with the wolves would that be ok?

Its been a while since i've played but i'm thinking a mobile protected level 2 shaman especially in orcs is good? oh and are wolf riders better equipped with spears/shields or bows.

#8 ·
I'd avoid sticking a character with the Wolves. They'll often be fleeing, and having a Shaman in the unit more than doubles the points you'll lose if they trip over a branch and get caught.

I equipped mine with Spears, but that was with the 6th ed. book at the time. Fast Cavalry are pretty flexible in terms of shooting in 7th. Bows also gives them a little more flexibility and makes them extremely annoying for lists without shooting. I'd probably lean towards giving them bows.

#10 ·
Never take full command with fast cavalry. They're expendable and they'll be fleeing a lot. If you include a standard you're basically handing your opponent 100 free VPs.

I'd go with the musician and nothing else. The Boss for them isn't worth it in my opinion.

With the points you save, you'll be able to afford two units of 5. They panic easily, but that doesn't bother your Orcs. With a starting US10 they'll make good flankers. Some people disagree with me about small units of Wolf Riders because of the panic issue and the fact that they can be rendered useless relatively easily. On the whole though, I prefer the flexibility of multiple units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.