1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
REVISED DOWN TO 2500 POINTS!

2500 Pts - Empire Roster

Wizard Lord (1#, 285 pts)
1 Wizard Lord @ 285 pts (General; Level 4 Upgrade)
1 Rod of Power
1 Holy Relic

Battle Wizard (1#, 130 pts)
1 Battle Wizard @ 130 pts (Level 2 Upgrade)
1 Van Horstman's Speculum (Just a nasty surprise)

Warrior Priest of Sigmar (1#, 144 pts)
1 Warrior Priest @ 144 pts (Great Weapon)
1 Armor of Meteoric Iron
1 Dawnstone

Warrior Priest of Sigmar (1#, 144 pts)
1 Warrior Priest @ 113 pts (Great Weapon)
1 Dragonhelm
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Armor of the Dawn (the 4+ one that allows rerolls)

Master Engineer (1#, 85 pts)
1 Master Engineer @ 85 pts (Hochland Long Rifle)

Master Engineer (1#, 85 pts)
1 Master Engineer @ 85 pts (Hochland Long Rifle)

War Engines (4#, 110 pts)
1 Helblaster Volley Gun @ 110 pts

War Engines (4#, 100 pts)
1 Great Cannon @ 100 pts (Cannon)

War Engines (4#, 100 pts)
1 Great Cannon @ 100 pts (Cannon)

War Engines (4#, 75 pts)
1 Mortar @ 75 pts

War Engines (4#, 75 pts)
1 Mortar @ 75 pts

Outriders
5 Pistoliers (Musician Mus; Champion /w Repeater Pistol)
5 Warhorse

State Troops
24 Swordsmen (Full Command)
12 [Det] Halberdiers (Halberd)
10 [Det] Handgunners (Handgun)

State Troops

State Troops

State Troops
10 Handgunners (Handgun)
1 Marksman (Hochland Long Rifle)

Total Roster Cost: 2499

So this is basically a list of models I own. Wanted to see if it would be a viable list for 8th.

The plan with the detachment units is to get the enemy into combat with the swordsmen (best defense with both an armour and parry save), stand and shoot with the handgunners (to soften them up), and have the halberds counter-charge into the flank to cause the most damage.

3 Long Rifles should help to deal with wizards. The engineers can also provide valuable rerolls to miss-fires on the cannons/mortars and forgo shooting the rifle.

Casters will probably be a mix of beasts and fire.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I like the look of the army list but you have no BSB or any other fighty type characters which seems strange as your list needs to get in combat.
I like the mass of longrifles, definately the best weapon in the game now.
The rocket battery is now a lot better than the volleygun but thats down to preferance i suppose.
Van horstmans speculum is probably better on a warrior priest as they should get into combat rather than a wizard who should avoid combat like the plague.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice!

I understand that I don't have a BSB anywhere as well as a combat character. The BSB would be really nice to have, I'm just worried that he won't last long enough and would be easy VP for my opponent. Similarly with the combat character - I just don't see empire combat characters standing up to other combat characters from other armies. Hence why my priests are all defensively built (1+ rerollable AS). The GW help out in putting wounds on things.

Anyways, I've revised the list down to 2500 points and made a few tweaks. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
With the BSB I'd go for as much defensive equiptment as you can fit on him and a cheap magic sword, The warrior priests can fill the role of combat characters but you need to take a litte risk and balance the offense with the defence, even a cheap magic sword can make the difference when it gets down to the final totals in a tight combat.
Your characters would suit a gun line set up where your just trying to stall the enemy but with a swordsmen based list you really need to slip in a bit of damage output as S 3 just won't kill any heavy troops you'll face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts