[100]

Plagueclaw Catapult
[100]

Plagueclaw Catapult
[100]

Plagueclaw Catapult
[100]

[3000]

So, unlike my prior attempt at min/max nonsense, I decided to opt for a Clan and go for a (mostly) themed list with a bite. Now, I know it probably isn't that good, but could it handle a competitive environment? I am going to attempt to assemble this in September, if I can get on-the-sprue Globadiers and Mortars when the Island of Blood hits. Also, if anyone has links or ideas for making Plagueclaws without breaking the bank, do share!

·
Registered
93 Posts
i like it :) but i dont beleive yon can take 4 caterpults :/ you can only take 3 of the same rare unit in 3k :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like the list, but I don't think plague censers should be used in big squads like that. Unless you're fighting a horde, many of your monks will be forced to rank up, which is just a complete waste. You'll lose 2 - 3 just from your own fumes every round.

I suggest in deploying them in little flank guard squads of about 7 - 10 censers. Remember, you're getting your rank bonus and stubborn from the furnaces, not your own ranks! They should have a buddy when charging, so don't count on them for disruption.

Plus, it's a lot easier for an opponent to load shots into a big 20 unit brick compared to 3 7 man units dancing around in terrain.

I suggest you drop your globadier unit with mortar (It's basically just another tiny plagueclaw catapult) for a third unit of censers to keep the flanks of your furnaces safe.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Plague monks die in droves to shooting. Plagueclaws are decent enough but you may feel the lack of something more hard hitting. One thing to keep in mind, even when you try and build a "fluffy" skaven list, all skaven armies make use of a few general things, Clan Skyre war machines, and Moulder beasts of war, with pestilens and Eshin being more rare. I dont see why you couldnt include some rat ogres or Skyre stuff, and still not be fluffy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
This would probably break your bank, but considering you have 2 plague furnaces...
Anyway, I would suggest more plague furnaces :shok: Looking in the army book, these are actually very similar to the plagueclaws in look. However, considering that the plague furnace/screaming bell kit costs £35, you will need a lot of money so, I would take of a couple of them and get a doomwheel or maybe some rat ogres.

Karnax

edit: i mean convert the plague furnaces into plagueclaws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts