Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

30 K Death Guard Army for a beginner

5K views 39 replies 4 participants last post by  H3So4 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everybody,
As I told it to you in my presentation I try to establish/constitute an army for 30K / 40K . I have create 7 lists which/who seems to me good on the paper but I know not what that can give in the game
And now I need your lights and of your knowledge of the game to use has to choose THE list has to set knowing that I am especially going to play against the NECRON and against the TAU and that the guys with whom I play are players of tournaments and thus possess list méga optimized
I am going to post 1 or 2 lists in it messages and the others in the following message.
Beforehand thank you has all for your help,assistant, your advice, councils, your comment and especially for the time when to dedicate me to you

Death Guard Legion Astartes abilities
Remorseless
Sons of Barbarus
chem-mun

Tactical squad rule of:Fury of the legion

N°1 Full Artillery = 1972 pts
Troops
20 mens Tactical squad with vexilia* and nuncio-vox** 270 pts
10 mens Tactical squad with vexilia* and nuncio-vox** 240 pts
and 1x Rhino as dedicated transport ( with twin linked bolter AND heavy bolter)
Elite
3x rapier weapon battery with laser destroyer array 165 pts

3x rapier weapon battery with quad mortar (thud-gun) 180 pts

Heavy Support
10 mens Heavy support squad with Hardened armor*** and 10 missile launcher ( krak,frag ,flak missiles ) 360 pts
2x Medusa siege tank squadron 310 pts
Fast Attack
Primaris lightning Strike Fighter with 245 pts
2x2 kraken penetrator missiles , missiles launcher , twin linked lascannon , battle servitor , ramjet diffracting grid
HQ
Master of Signal ( include in heavy support squad) 95 pts
includ numcio-vox**
give tank hunter and wrecker abilty to the squad and allow to use phosphex shell for medusa siege gun
Siege Breaker 107 pts
includ cognis-signum and numcio-vox**

N°2 Mixed list = 1977 pts
Troops
Elite

Apothecarion detachement 90 pts
includ 2 medics , 1 for each tactical squad
Heavy Support
10 mens Heavy support squad with Hardened armor*** and 10 volkit culverin 360 pts

Spartan assault Tank 295pts
Lord of War
Typhon heavy siege tank 390 pts
2 sponson-mounted lascanon + Dreadhammer cannon
HQ
Legion Praetor 167 pts
with Parangon blade master crafted , Bolter,Iron Halo

Removed the rules and weapon stats for you - darkreever

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Death guard army list N° 3 to 7

N°3 Air superiority = 1982 pts
Troops
Elite

Heavy Support
10 mens Heavy support squad with Hardened armor*** and 10 volkit culverin 360 pts

Fire Raptor 240 pts
with 4x hellstrick missiles and armoured ceramite
Fast Attack
Primaris lightning Strike Fighter 245 pts
with 2x2 kraken penetrator missiles , missiles launcher , twin linked lascannon , battle servitor , ramjet diffracting grid
HQ
Legion Praetor 167 pts

N°4 Tank killer 1997 pts
Troops
Elite

Heavy Support

Sicaran venator tank destroyer 230 pts
with 2 sponson las canon + Neutron beam
Fire Raptor 240 pts
with 4x hellstrick missiles and armoured ceramite
Lord of War
Cerberus heavy tank destroyer 435 pts
with lascanon x2 and Neutron laser
HQ
Legion Praetor 167 pts

N°5 Full terminator 1997 pts
HQ
Legion Praetor and Pride of the legion Rite of War 192 pts
with terminator cataphractii armor , combi weapon , parangon blade master crafted , digilaser
Legion Chapelin 120 pts
with terminator cataphracii armor
Legion Primus medicae 120 pts
with terminator cataphractii armor and narthecium
Troop
6mens Deathshroud terminator squad 250 pts

2x 5 mens terminators cataphracii squad with Land Raiders Phobos dedicated transport for all squads 770 pts
Fast Attack
2x Land-speeder with heavy chem flamer and graviton gun 150pts

Heavy Support
Note: all HQ characters are with the deathshroud squad in the spartan battle tank

N°7 Mixed Terminator
Troops
8 mens Deathshroud terminator squad 330 pts

2x 5 mens terminators cataphracii squad with Land Raiders Phobos dedicated transport for all squads 770 pts
Elite
Heavy Support
2x Spartan assault Tank 590 pts
HQ
Legion Praetor and Pride of the legion Rite of War 192 pts
with terminator cataphractii armor , combi weapon , parangon blade master crafted , digilaser

Removed the rules and weapon stats for you - darkreever

#3 ·
Just as a point of reference, I don't know how happy the mods are/would be about you putting all the weapons profiles and stats up. I think that might be against the rules.

Other than that, it's good to see another 30k player. I'll try and make my way back to this and give you some criticism when I get some time, as trying to work through 7 lists is quite a lot to do.

#4 ·
Thank you for helping me:):):)
Indeed 7 list that makes a lot but I deleted height. Because between the units which seem nice on the paper and the beautiful minis it has many choices there where from my presence among you :biggrin:
That you said in introduction about the characteristics of game that I posted you are right.
It would have been able to be badly perceived and had not thought of me of it I would thus pay attention the next time.
On the basis I put this precisions for the players of 40k because certain weapons and rules change between 2 versions a lot

#6 ·
I am an Emperor's Children man myself. As I say, I don't have the time right now, but I'll get to it at some point.

Also, as a shameless plug, if people are wondering about the differences between units and stuff in 30K, I have an ongoing article here. That should cover most things.

#7 ·
Hummmmmmmmm Emperor's children I like it
It is the Chapter which at first I wanted to make but regrettably I found him too complex has to manage for me
At the time of Epic Space Marines I liked them and I love them always even I finds them CLASSES
I am going to go to read your article that I would find certain answers there
And still thank you for your help/assistant

#8 · (Edited)
I'd second the removal of the stats for weapons. GW don't mind the odd reference of stats for the purposes of discussion, but for wholesale reproduction such as this, it soon gets into the territory of pirating materials or some such. Better to be safe than sorry.

In regards to your lists, you say you've got 7 lists, but I see 6. Was one taken out unintentionally?

First things first, the most prominent thing about the Heresy Legions list is that you pay a premium for units, with discounts for the more models you field. This makes low points games kind of troublesome for them, especially when going up against non-legion lists who don't have such problems when choosing units that there is no 50% mark up on points per model initially.

The Rhino Squad is a bit incongruous. It's a 10 man squad with a pintle heavy bolter, and it costs nearly what a 20 man squad does. Sure, it's a bit more mobile for objective capture, but it's still only a 10 man squad armed only with bolters costing far more than what even a normal Space marine squad can run as. As a point, might want to double check the points on that, it seems far too much. 170 for the squad and 50 for the rhino+weapon at most... Unless you've taken Bolter, Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon combination. In which case - see my point above about you paying a premium - a Space Marine without ATSKNF and some of its other rules is not worth 17 ppm. Another 20points onto a unit which won't really be that effective at doing its job is not really a bright idea at this low level of points. Maybe giving the squad sergeant a power weapon (sword/axe/maul, no spear allowed - I usually go for an Axe or Sword) and/or Artificer Armour is one way to make it okayish in combat - At initiative AP2 is kind of hard to get a hold of, and if you can use your attacks to remove the AP2 model before he kills you, then you're on to a winner.

If you're insistent on running the Rhino, I'm not sure that the Heavy Bolter is worth it unless you have 10 points left over after everything else.

Heavy Support Squad - Hardened Armour is a luxury you can't really afford at 2K. As you can see, it's an extremely expensive squad - 360pts a hell of a lot, plus the Master of Signal added in. Incidentally Hardened Armour counts as Void Hardened in Zone Mortalis missions - you'll have to pick up the main Horus Heresy books for that. It is also something you cannot use the majority of this list with due to the use of artillery and the like. I'm not sold on Heavy Support Squads personally. For the cost of one of those squads, you can pick up like 5 Predators with 20 Autocannon shots and an AV13 wall, or even 3 with Plasma Destroyers and make one a command tank for Interceptor. Alternatively, you can pick up tooled up Spartan.

The Primaris-Lightning is also extremely expensive. An AV11/12/11 vehicle with 2 Hull points does not last long against either Tau or Eldar. You're not going to need Tank Hunter with an Armourbane vehicle in my mind. It's another luxury. Neither the ramjet - it makes paper thin armour double thickness paper - it's still paper. I'd drop the Missile Launcher. It honestly isn't really going to last long enough to make proper use of it. To keep it as a Tank killer, Ground-tracking auguries, and 4 Kraken Penetrator Heavy Missiles is about as much as you really need, or be able to afford. Tricking it out with all the bells and whistles barely keeps it alive.

Medusa I have no complaints with, although I'm wondering why you've not taken Phosphex. I think that Phosphex rounds are amazing.

In the Mixed list, you have listed putting an apothecary in the Rhino Squad - the problem with that is that until the Rhino squad loses a member, they cannot fit in the Rhino Squad - unless you're putting it in the Spartan. In which case, why are you taking the Rhino and not taking more Tactical Marines?

The Typhon is amazing. One of the best pieces of kit in the entire list. I'm not sure what role the Praetor is playing. He's not providing use of a Rite of War, and I think that a Chaplain is a better cheaper leader than a Praetor. At least give him a Boarding Shield for the defensive grenades.

The Spartan you can trick out a little bit. It's an absolute beast able to survive most things - so it's personal choice whether you make it even more survivable, or not.

Heavy Support Squad - still not sold on them so as to sink nearly 20% of my points into them.

Air Superiority List - I love me some Fire Raptors. However, I'm not sure why when you've gone ofr air superiority you've only got 2 flyers, and have a Heavy Support squad, Spartan and Typhon eating away the points you can spend on flyers. If you want air superiority though, there are better legions - namely Iron Hands, Iron Warriors, or Emperor's Children due to their ability to mess around with Reserves. At least pick up a Proteus Land Raider with the Augury Web.

Tank Killer - the list isn't really that tank killer at all. The Cerberus, I'm not sure on yet, but haven't really used it.

Terminator List - might want to check your points on the Land Speeder Squadron. For the Praetor, what combi-weapon are you going for? bear in mind that the Deathshroud are not actually Troops, because they are normally HQ squads, but IIRC, they can be a bodyguard for a Praetor, otherwise you'd need to lose one of the consuls. Bear in mind that 22 Terminators is not a lot of men with which to actually fight with, and Tau and Eldar have plenty of Anti-tank weaponry.

In the mixed Terminator Army - again, Deathshroud are HQ, but you've only got the one HQ so it's not relevant. And 8 of them is just OTT. When facing Tau or Necrons, they're shooty, for the most part.

The Praetor isn't really that useful in that list. The Terminators are already Objective Secured (according to an email to FW, treat Implacable Advance as Objective Secured if troops normally have it), so making them troops isn't really helping you massively. You normally make use of it so that you don't have to pay a 300pt tax to use Terminators, but you've already got one unit of Tactical Marines, so a second unit isn't so much, and you can drop a few Deathshrouds for the same effect.

As an aside, it's a lot easier for those to comment on your list if you choose a single list that you like the best, where people can offer more tailored advice too. So much easier. It also helps people offer suggestions more in keeping with your theme.

I'm an Alpha Legion and Night Lords player, but Iron Hands when I feel like being a bit of a dick.

#11 ·
In regards to your lists, you say you've got 7 lists, but I see 6. Was one taken out unintentionally?
Indeed a list has had to get lost in the WARP.... She will return one day..... or not

but for wholesale reproduction such as this, it soon gets into the territory of pirating materials or some such. Better to be safe than sorry.

I thought not that they were also "an extremist" I would not thus redo it any more

I wanted to thank you for your invaluable advice/council and your help
I am now going to be printed all this IF you authorize me :grin:

And I am going to study these new sacred text and I would present you as quickly as possible ONE and ONLY ONE new list

#9 ·
Just to say Vaz, I'm fairly certain Death Guard can take Deathshroud as both HQ bodyguard and an Elites choice (it's in their description I believe, even though their symbol is the one you use for a HQ)

#10 · (Edited)
Favoured of Mortarion states that they may be a Command Squad as well as a HQ, no mention of elite.

It's one of those things that I'm still not sure why the elite bodyguards of a Primarch are only WS4, when even bog standard command squads are WS5 for the rest of the legion.

I can imagine the conversation ol' Morty has.

"no, no, you're too capable at fighting, you cannot be my bodyguard. You can be the bodyguard for someone shit instead".

Neither do they have Fearless, and having chem hand flamers with SnP is wasted for Overwatch. At least Grave Wardens force the enemy to make Disordered Charges.

#13 ·
By all means, take what you need. I'm no guru, these are just my findings and local style is massively different
Thank you
all the notices interests me and that already helps me many it you told me I waits for the analysis of Deus-Mortis if he has some time for that
I am also going to go towards the link which he gave me for his article

#15 ·
30k version. It is a power weapon, so is dependent on how you model it. Note that power weapon in 30k legions are explicitly power sword, maul or axe. If you use a standard chaplain model, it will be a maul, but if you replace the crozius head with that of an axe, you can use it as an axe.

#16 · (Edited)
The full text is "Crozius Arcanum - power weapon (type as shown on model)". So if you can model a Crozius into a sword or an axe, it's a power sword/axe.

Also, yes you are right Vaz. I don't know why I thought they were elites as well.

Edit: Ninja'd

I have looked through all the lists. I think most of Vaz's advice is right on the money. Although, I would add two main things.

First, in the lists which have no Deep Strikers or Barrage weapons, the Nuncio voxes are totally pointless. I would get rid of them in the lists where they don't help you.

Second is a piece of advice is shamelessly stolen from Vaz on my 2000 points list, if you aren't using Praetors to augment your FOC they are too expensive at 2000 points. In almost all of your lists, you have a beat-stick Praetor which makes up ~10% of your points. If you just want a beefy combat character, I'd play around with a Centurion with a unit of Deathshroud to back him up or some such thing.

I don't recall what they Death Guard Rite of War is, but that might be looking into when you're taking a praetor.

If I was to pick a list to take forward and try and build a final list from Id probably go with the first list, since it's got a good amount of everything I'd say (troops, anti-armour, anti-air). I might come back and add something else if it comes to me but between what I've just said and what Vaz said, I can't think of anything at this moment. Hope that helps!

#18 ·
So if you can model a Crozius into a sword or an axe
I find that the object looks like already enough has an ax thus I would consider it as A Power Axe

to augment your FOC
Stupid question but..... whate the FOC ???? :p
try and build a final list from Id probably go with the first list
OK I am going to work again all this

Hope that helps
YES enormously
You and VAZ had really helped a lot me, maintaining my "masters" I am going to return has my copies and to work intelligently (or try to make it intelligently LOL)
And I would represent myself in front of you that with ONE or can be TWO list

#17 ·
I found the sixth list I post it to you " for information "
It is certainly the worst as game but But I find it FUNNY

N°6 The REAPER
Unité 1
Mortarion Primarque of the Death Guard 425 pts
+ Pride of the Legion
Legion Centurion Librarian Level 3 177 pts
+ cataphractii armor , psychic = biomancie ou Séraphique ou télékinésie
6x Deathshroud 250 pts
Spartan 370 pts
+ armoured ceramite , auxiliary drive , flare shield , multimelta
Unité 2
5x Grave Warden 200 pts
Land Raider Phobos 310 pts
+ auxiliary drive , extra armor , armoured céramite , multimelta
Unité 3
Sicaran Vénator 260 pts
+ lascanon , auxiliari drive , armoured céramite

#22 ·
Terminator Squads are specific in this instance. It doesn't refer to Terminator Armoured Squads, but actual Legion Terminator Squads.

In regards to the Deathshroud as elites, I'm putting that down to a copypaste error, as every other reference to Deathshroud is as HQ. Still, the error is there and something I have added into a new email regarding several rules clarifications. One of these days, they will just say fuck it and give me the proofreading job.

And h3so4, that attitude is the right one. More of that can remove some stupidness inherent in the game. Do be careful of jumping in tournaments, especially those within games workshop, make sure you check with the tournament organisers first to ensure that the hpuserule/countas isn't an issue.

Deus Mortis, we're all still learning after all. Comparing notes is all we can do, especially when our core list has effectively over a hundred different variations before you even choose your units.

#23 ·
hpuserule/countas
????? Sorry but ..... there I not understood :biggrin:
Do be careful of jumping in tournaments, especially those within games workshop,
There no problems, I make no tournaments, for none games. I like not the tournaments I made one and that was the most unpleasant of experience. If I was not a mountain of patience and tolerance I would have struck them all this day there :laugh::crazy::laugh::crazy::laugh:

#24 ·
sorry, typing on a phone.

Meant to say houserule or count as.

Essentially, as houserule is something that the "house rules" differently. Basically, if you go to someone elses house, you play by their rules. If you're going somewhere where you wish to play with rules that are not in the rulebooks (i.e, you are counting the power maul as a power axe), it's best to make sure that they are okay with you doing so, and preferably before the game, and if it's arranged, before you get there.

Many people won't mind, but there are those who like to play by the rules, and essentially, if they've gone to the effort of following the rules, why shouldn't their opponent. It's a very valid point, although less important when it comes to what power weapon someone is equipped with.

#25 ·
Totally all right with you VAZ
It is true that certain person are too extreme it looks like they play the poker and what they have bet all their savings/economies in the game (it is not false seen what costs an army of 40 k lol :grin:)
But I avoid this kind of nobody only thing which is important it is to spend a pleasant moment it is the RULE ABSOLVED

#28 ·
I hadn't seen this. I'll get in it

#30 ·
For the basic structure:

the first squad isn't bad. they definitely need a transport to be viable I would say. I would be tempted to give the sergeant a power axe/power scythe on this logic: Most AP 2 weapons are Unwieldy. So if your opponent can get through your armour, he'll strike at the same time as you. If he can't he strikes before you but you get your armour save. Plus it allows you to get through other 2+ saves.

The second squad is solid, no complaints here.

I totally get buying something that you then go "oh, now I have to use it". I have the same problem with my Palatine blades :laugh: But, to be fair, you could do worse in terms of anti-tank than 3 laser destroyer arrays. It'll pretty reliably bust open AV13 or less, and you'll give a Land Raider/Spartan a run for it's money.The Thudd guns, again I think this is a good choice. Good against hoards for sure. Plus, with S8 and Sunder, they can pull double duty as anti-light-tanks free up your laser destroyers to deal with the big stuff.

The Medusa's will have to be one squadron of 2 because you can only have 0-1 Artillery Tank Squardon. Few things will remove units like Medusa Shells to the face, although the 36" means they have to be more forward than the likes of a Basilisk.

All in all I'd say a pretty solid starting line-up for your 2000 points list.

First Option:

I don't think you can really go wrong with more tactical squads, especially 20 men. However, when you have 2 shooting tactical squads, the Rapier Weapons Batteries and your massive Typhon Heavy Siege Gun, it makes me wonder why the assault-y tactical squad is here. It seems out of place. If you are building a list to pound your enemies to dust, you don't want to send your own men into the front lines where they might get your massive siege guns scattering onto them and killing them. If you go down this route, I'd scrap the assault-y squad, and get rid of the power weapon and melta-bombs on the siege breaker (he should be camping at the back not charging forward).

That gives you a total of 388 points to play with. You could buy another Medusa and a 15 man tactical squad. Or, you could get another Medusa and a 5 man heavy weapons team with missile launchers and flakk missiles which the siege breaker can sit with and gives you some anti-air. Or a Medusa and a Fire Raptor. Whatever you choose, I would make sure you know what you are trying to do/be. If you are taking a load of guns to grind your enemies to mulch, your points should be going into them, not assault units that will have to march up unsupported.

Second Option:

You know what I said in the last option that if you are going to send assault units forward, you need to send them in such a way that you don't accidentally shell your own men to death? This is the way to do it. Oddly, whilst your other list could have done without the Siege Breaker being tooled out for CC, this is where you might want to think about giving him melta-bombs and maybe a few phosphex grenades.

Spartans are tough as nails and give you 8 twin-linked lascannons/4 laser destryers which is nothing to complain about. Won't help you much against hoards, but it'll give MEQs and TEQs a headache. I would say that if you are buying upgrades for the Spartan, a Flare Shield is a solid choice. However, quite a few anti-tank weapons aren't meltas, but you want your Spartans to keep moving. On that logic, I'd ditch the Armoured Ceremite and buy an Auxiliary Drive for both of them. That free's up 20 points and also means your Spartans have a 50/50 chance to keep chugging after being hit by a lascannon or something.

Now, whilst Spartans are a good means to deliver an assault unit like Deathshroud or Phoenix Guard, the problem you have is that you don't really have a great assault unit to deliver, which is kind of crucial. I mean, your assaulty tactical squad wouldn't be fun with 60 attacks, but it's still not great. It's not like 10 Deathshroud leaping out, flaming your balls off and then hacking you apart with their scythes. My suggestion would be exchange the the assault squad with another shooty squad. Then either keep both Spartans and roll your gunline forward in them. Or, ditch one and use the points to buy something like a big unit of Deathshroud, roll them forward in the Spartan and reap souls.

Third Option:

Option 3 (the Waz army) = 1880 pts
+1 Predator strike squadron of 3 basic tank with commande tank 250 pts
+1 Predator strike squadron of 3 Predator Executor ( Executioner Plasam D) 330 pts
+ Centurion bolter+Power weapon+artifier armour 77pts
Rest 120 points that to make of intelligent with?

That's a pretty strong line up. Very much so. Some good anti-light armour and since you've got 12 shots you might be able to do some damage to flyers with the Predator cannons. The Executioners will disappear a squad a turn no problem. The Centurion...meh. It doesn't really do anything for you, but there is no sense in shelling out on an HQ you don't need. Possibly exchange him for a Siege Breaker or Master of Signal. Again, the assault squad is a little extraneous. With your extra points, I'd split the assault squad down the middle, buy each half a rhino just to allow them to get forwards. Other than that, I can't think of a whole lot to add.

So, basically, I'd say Option 1 or Option 3 are the strongest in my mind. Option 2 is workable, but needs more tweaking than those two.

As for the Phospex shells, yes you lose access to the S 10 AP 2 shell. The Phospex one is only S 5, but it does leave a dangerous terrain crater which is a sod if it's sitting in the enemy lines. Plus, if it can cover more people, you can move the blast up to 2". So, with the BS4 of the tank crew, you can potentially decrease the scatter of the blast marker by 6", which makes it far easier to get the blast marker to go where you want it to go. Plus, because it's poisoned (3+), against anything T4 or lower you get to re-roll to wound. And then against Monsterous Creatures, Wraithknights and all that jazz you definitely wound on a 3+. Although, having said that, the original is S10!

If you like, you could have 1 with Phospex shells and one without?

#31 ·
you don't want to send your own men into the front lines where they might get your massive siege guns scattering onto them and killing them.
I had there not thought has this little details :biggrin:
That gives you a total of 388 points to play with. You could buy another Medusa and a 15 man tactical squad. Or, you could get another Medusa and a 5 man heavy weapons team with missile launchers and flakk missiles which the siege breaker can sit with and gives you some anti-air. Or a Medusa and a Fire Raptor. Whatever you choose, I would make sure you know what you are trying to do/be. If you are taking a load of guns to grind your enemies to mulch, your points should be going into them, not assault units that will have to march up unsupported.
That please me that... I am seriously going to think has this option :good::good:
The Centurion...meh. It doesn't really do anything for you, but there is no sense in shelling out on an HQ you don't need. Possibly exchange him for a Siege Breaker or Master of Signal
Yes indeed I either I do not know too much why I integrated him has this formation has a share to save points.And also because I thought that Siege Breacker was not too optimal in this option
Plus, because it's poisoned (3+), against anything T4 or lower you get to re-roll to wound
I had not thought any more it has detail :biggrin:
If you like, you could have 1 with Phospex shells and one without
We can do that ?????
It is the reason why at the beginning I thought of making 2 squad of 1 Medusa. Because I was not certain to be able to equip in a different way two tanks of a single formation

One more time thank you for your precious help
You are the light which guides the novices on the way of the wisdom :good::good::good:
I see making how, I am thus going to transform the " Assault " squad to "shooting" and later will be the choice between the option 1 or 3
And has this moment the financial aspect will also arise but there it's a different story....

#32 ·
I have very little to add, other than with the 'waz' army, the strongest list in my opinion, due to the AV13 wall, doesn't need to have the additional centurion, and I'd change the Predator Squadrons to look something like Predator x3, one with command tank, and one with plasma executioner.

With the additional points, I'd look at getting a pair of lascannon +melta contemptors, or if there are flyers you regularly face, kheres assault cannon contemptor mortis. If you don't like those, a Sicaran Venator is good antitank, while a Sicaran is okayish make-do Anti Air.

#33 ·
the 'waz' army
I had seen that there was a spelling mistake it is:THE VAZ army :good:

the strongest list in my opinion
It is normal OH BOSS OF THE LIGHT it was your idea :grin:

nd I'd change the Predator Squadrons to look something like Predator x3, one with command tank, and one with plasma executioner.
You mean be only a single squadron of 3 predator with the first one with autocannon and command tank, the second with plasma executioner and the third?

I had thought of Dread but I find them too expensive for 2000 pts it is for it that I eliminated them in spite of the fact that I find the figurine very class

Sicaran is okayish make-do Anti Air
How can it be a good antiaircraft vehicle? He possesses no A-A capacities so he hit only on a 6+ right?

It is this passage of the " command tank " rule that allows to make a firing in interception against aerials?
"in addition one vehicle in the squadron can fire a single non-ordonnance weapon ( as if it has interception rule) per turne if wished"

One more time THANK YOU for your help MASTER OF THE LIGHT :grin::good::grin:
I am now going to work out the final version of my list and I would soon present you it
After that like a tyrannide I am going to migrate on the forum and to ask advice for my Eldars, my Dark-Angel and my deceaseds Tyrannides who do not go out any more in V7 (there is only a V2 which is good for them when we could make the remake of ALIEN 2/Aliens 2 ???)

#34 ·
Final version

And here is I present you the version final of my army of the fourteenth legion the Death Guard

HQ
- 1x Siege Breaker/Master of Signal 95 pts/85pts

Troops
- 20 mens Tactical (shoot) squad 270 pts
vexilia+numcio vox
- 20 mens Tactical (shoot) squad 270 pts
vexilia+numcio vox

Elite
- 3x rapier weapon battery with laser destroyer array 165 pts
- 3x rapier weapon battery with quad mortar (thud-gun) 180 pts

Heavy Support
- 2x Medusa siege tank squadron 310 pts
- 1x Predator strike squadron of 3 basic tank with commande tank 250 pts
- 1 Predator executioner 110 pts

Lord of War
- 1x Typhon Heavy tank siege

Here is the friends I hope to have made good use of your advice/councils and thank you again for the time which you dedicated me :eek:k::grin::eek:k:

#37 ·
HQ
- 1x Siege Breaker/Master of Signal
In fact according to the opponent whom I would have I would use or Master of Signbal or Siege Breacker (If there is many infantry it will be S-B otherwise M-S) the same figurine will act for 2 roles

It fits the Death Guard theme and I certainly wouldn't want to face it without some serious back-up! Good job
Thank you it is thus that I have make good use of your advis :grin:
Now it is the purchase phase which begins :biggrin:

If you love the models, no reason why not to use them
Because generally my Mortis Dread from the Dark-Angel do not arrive at the second turn. it is destroyed before :cray::cray::cray:

VAZ. Ifinds your list really good will thus be the alternative/alternate list. Because I do not like playing two times in succession the same list. Because my opponents shall quickly optimize their own list to counter mine thus it needs an alternative .And you have just offered it to me THANK YOU :good::wink::victory:

And well, I believe to have made the tour (? ) it stays in me more than has to ask advise for my other armies

In any case that was a magnificent collaboration you taught me many things and I notice that 40K V2 and V7 is totally different games.
It thus stays in me more than has to evolve under your LIGHT :)

#35 ·
I think we are done here. I can't think of anything to add really. The choice between the siege breaker and master of signal comes down to whether you want Phosphex in some/all of your medusas or you want to give a unit BS5 for a turn and once a game get another barrage to hit your opponent with. I would lean towards the latter of the two, but either works fine in this list.

It's a good list. It fits the Death Guard theme and I certainly wouldn't want to face it without some serious back-up! Good job :victory:

#36 ·
Pretty much down to a T. Strange though, could have sworn I had replied.

I personally think that the Mster of Signal is better for you - the AT of S10 AP2 Medusa is better than Phosphex for your needs.

Also, I'd turn the predators into 2 squads of 2 predators - keep the Command Tank and the Plasma Pred in the same squadron, to benefit from that rule you quoted (the LACAL book copy pasted the wrong rule - it references the Stormblade IIRC, I go by the Book 1- Betrayal rule).

I'd also maybe consider turning the artillery units into 3 units of two - 2 quad guns and 2 lasers, and then another pair of whatever you're struggling with. Due to no split fire, 3 i tend to find is overkill. Note that if you drop one of each rapier, both vexilla, and take the master of signal, you save 145pts. Dropping a further 2 Marines from each tac squad gives you a Lascannon Contemptor at 185 - it is a fantastoc model, gives you some much needed AA just in case. If you love the models, no reason why not to use them.

So-

Master of Signal

2x2 Rapiers, Lasers
2x2 Rapiers, Quad Guns
Mortis Contemptor, Lascannons

18 Tacticals, Nuncio
18 Tacticals, Nuncio

2x Medusa
2x Predator, 1x Predator Cannon+Command Tank, 1x Executioner Plasma
2x Predator, 2x Predator Cannon

Weak point is obviously NO close combat AT, no meltabombs, no powerfists, etc - which would be my first choice, maybe dropping a medusa to pick up a CC contemptor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.