Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey Stella great job painting those tanks, they came out really nice, love the bases on them too, makes them stand out. the camo is especially good, all in all well painted minis my good sir!

peace

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
Great work there. One question, can I steal the placement of the smoke launchers? I've been thinking of where to put them and thats a great position. Good work again.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
feel free to steal what you like, I couldn't really see any other logical place to put them myself.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Cuttlefish!

A good selection of tanks. I like the realism of the camouflage scheme you have utilised. I would, however, suggest maybe another layer on those flame canisters as I can see some minor blotching. The bases are a nice idea (although I personally wouldn't use them) and I really like the chipped dozer blade on your Russ w nova cannon. For which I'll rep you.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would, however, suggest maybe another layer on those flame canisters as I can see some minor blotching.
that was more intentional brought about by the brown wash to represent them being dirty and covered in fuel from leaking pipes or whatever

·
Registered
35 Posts
Stella if i was going to do the equivalent with the Marine codex what tanks would it be best to take and could i get a way with a camo scheme for them even though marines shun camo, your thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stella if i was going to do the equivalent with the Marine codex what tanks would it be best to take and could i get a way with a camo scheme for them even though marines shun camo, your thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers
against open minded friends I could see no problem with using a marine armoured company, I know I would allow it, although feel a little sorry for it considering marine tanks :laugh:

as to what tanks being best to take, well all are viable enough really, you just have to make up a sort of FOC in your head, so basic preds as troops and elites, whirlwinds and vindicators as heavy support, land raiders as HQ's (especially prometheus) and maybe elites as well, and just stick with speeders for fast attack, and of course mobile command rhinos as HQ's

and camo on marine tanks I've always imagined as being what they should do, and I use to do it myself, I hate marines not using camo on tanks, it makes them look like idiots really who have no idea what the concept behind camo is.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
and camo on marine tanks I've always imagined as being what they should do, and I use to do it myself, I hate marines not using camo on tanks, it makes them look like idiots really who have no idea what the concept behind camo is.
They need to put their helmets back on too.......
Nice work on the armor stella. They look most impressive. I am still undecided about bases for tanks though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts