Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am approaching the point now where I could theoretically use the Double FOC to use all my cult troops together, plus Abby and the Chosen to make it fluffy: Abbadon enlisting 3 cult-generals in the fight for Cadia....Nice.

So here is my attempt at making it work at the fun with an eye to win level. I have thought about synergy between Lords and how they will buff units in the army, to maximise points efficiency.

Sorry Khorne, you weren't invited to the party...I haven't got any khorne berserkers yet. Nothing personal! Just you are my least favourite God...

HQ
Abbadon

Sorcerer w/MoT, Terminator Armour, lvl 3

Chaos Lord w/ Biker, MoS, SoC, power sword

Chaos Lord w/MoN, SoC, BBoS

Fort
Aegis w/Icarus

Troops
Thousand Sons x8

Plague Marines x6: w/x2 Plasma and Rhino

Noise Marines x10 w/x2 blastmasters

Chosen Marines x5: w/x3 melta +Rhino

Fast Attack:
Heldrake

Chaos Bikers x5 w/MoS, x2 plasma, IoE

Heavy Support:
Obliterator

:1998pts

Plan:
- Sorc joins Thousand Sons squad to make the the squad size the sacred number of Tzeentch 9. They foot slog to mid-field, doing what they do best soaking up the long range high ap weapons.
- Slaanesh Lord joins the Slaaneshi Bikers, to make the sacred number of Slaanesh 6...He has a power weapon, as power fist I feel wastes the high Initiative. He will have 4++ FNP T5 with his squad, which I feel is pretty nice.
- Nurgle Lord joins the Plague Marines to make...yes, 7. Nurgle's sacred number. I gave him the BBoS over power fist, as I am not sure but I believe it gives D3 ap3 overwatch being a torrent flamer template weapon? Thought this would be useful as Plague's with I3 aren't super-great in close combat (though FNP is nice) so seems like a good choice...
- Abbadon - Thought of using him defensively to fire the Icarus and babysit the Noise Marines camping on the objective behind the ADL. Very useful at dealing with deep strikers and drop podders who go after the Noise Marines...If I am not facing deep strikers/drop podders, then I guess he could also walk with the Thousand Sons and Sorcerer into the Midfield, with the Plagues and Bikers screening ahead.

Everything else: I am a fan of lone Oblits, as they can deep strike and pop av14 with twin-link meltas, and when they die it's only 70pts lost, as opposed to 110pts if going with x3 termies with combi-meltas. So that is what this guy will most likely be doing. Bikers do their usual thing...With plasma and the Lord it's self-explanatory, just like the Heldrake.
I like the Noise Marines here because they serve as both scoring objective campers AND long-range fire support with those lovely Blastmasters.
And last but not least: The Chosen are being used in exactly the same way I would use my Chimera Veterans with melta in my Guard army: AV14 hunting, or if none is that around, transports or terminators...Keeping it simple here rather than pumping stupid amounts of points into them which is so easy to do...

·
Registered
358 Posts
i agree khorne should not come to the party he smells

i light the list it has a bit of everything apart from a little lack of aa at a time every1 jumpin on the flyer train and i think u realy need to free up 24 points to give sonic blasters to the noise marines it will make a diff

all in all though nice and solid

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sonic Blasters are cool yes (especially against guardsmen), but my meta is predominantly MEQ at the moment, so I will stick with the boltguns and save the points elsewhere. Noise Marines in this list are long-ranged too, so I think blasters will be a bit of a waste if I never get to use them.

As for AA. Well again, in my meta we only usually bring 1 flier , so I think the Icarus and Heldrake is enough to deal with 1 flier...If not then...Well, i'll probably lose lol

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I'd say you would really benefit from splitting the Noise marines in 2 units of 5 with blastmaster. The rest looks fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts