5 Scouts 85
5 Scouts 85
5 Glade Riders-Musician 129

9 Wild Riders of Kurnous-Command 270
3 Tree-kin 195
Total: 2002 pts

A toss up between 12 Dryads and a Great Eagle or 3 Tree-kin.
The concept of the army is to use the Glade Rider units to shield the Wild Riders and harass enemy units. The Spellsingers, Glade guard and Scouts provide ranged damage and the Wild Riders (with the Highborn) attempt to rout as many units as possible, supported by the Dryads/Great Eagle or Tree-kin, depending on what I decide.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i would split up the wild riders

other then that nice list i rekon

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice list. I would personally drop the tree-kin and at least go with the dryads. My dwarfs hack up treekin all the time but have a hard time with dryads.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
i would drop all glade riders and get more glade guard and up the wild rider unit to 15 men strong

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My concern would be that the Wild Riders would be shot/cut down without supporting/screening units, and I think that the Glade Riders are one of the few fast enough to use, barring Warhawk Riders or such.

I agree mgtymouze, I'm thinking of Dryads + Great Eagle, they could cover more ground and the Eagle would be able to support the Wild Riders as well.

Imperial Dragon, I'm worried that two small units with a 6+/6+ save wouldn't be survivable enough, hence adding a Highborn and a few 'spare' models to aid in lasting long enough to cause hurt.

As for upping the Wild Riders to 15, I think it could hurt in sportsmanship scores or such, making that a 426 point unit + a 268 point Lord. That would be almost 700 points..seems kind of over the top to me.

Perhaps I could drop a unit of Glade Riders and the Great Eagle, add in a unit of 15 Glade Guard + Command?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Another tactic used against me is to use a warhawk to hit a warmachine and tie it up. Might want to consider that. Also Dryads wouldn't be as much as a target for warmachines being skirmished and all as opposed to treekin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean a Great Eagle or Warhawk Riders? Cause you can't get warhawks on their own.
A revision so far would come to:

Highborn-Dawnspear, Wildrider, 268
Elven Steed,Helm of the Hunt,
Light armour

Spellsinger-Lv2, Divination Orb, Dispel Scroll 175
Spellsinger-Lv2, Staff of Sorcery 175

10 Glade Guard-Command 144
5 Scouts 85
5 Scouts 85
12 Dryads 144

9 Wild Riders of Kurnous-Command 270
Great Eagle 50
Great Eagle 50

1992 pts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
ive found eagles to be less than sucessful in my highelves and i would think you would have evne less use for them in we where you have lots of alternative

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
to give it a bit of punch with the highborn you could alternate btw dawnspear and spear of twilight as it confers killing blow great against big tough units

1 - 9 of 9 Posts