Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upcoming Battle Forged Tournament. Will face Tau, Eldar, DE, Necrons, Nids, Astra, and possibly Ultramarines.

150 Khan

205 Ironclad (Lucius Drop Pod, 2x HF, Chainfist, Assault Launchers)

169 4x Bikes (HB Attack Bike, 2x Grav, Combi-Grav)
184 4x Bikes (HB Attack Bike, 2x Grav, Vet Sgt, Combi-Grav, MBs)
184 4x Bikes (HB Attack Bike, 2x Grav, Vet Sgt, Combi-Grav, MBs)
199 4x Bikes (MM Attack Bike, 2x Melta, Vet Sgt, PF, MBs)
199 4x Bikes (MM Attack Bike, 2x Melta, Vet Sgt, PF, MBs)

150 Thunderfire (DP w/ DWML)
150 Thunderfire (DP w/ DWML)

=2000

It's going to be all Maelstrom Missions. This will be my 4th game and first tourney in 7th. I already know I'm going to have a hard time against flyers. How do you think it'll do?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got 3 stormtalons and 2 stormravens in my collection. I guess I was just being stupid. My original idea that I based the list around was the Ironclads in the Lucius to kill broadsides and torch xenos off of their open-topped vehicles. I added the Bikes later to combat Nid MCs and Riptides. What's the best AA option to take here?

I normally just ignore enemy flyers. Especially with bikes in Maelstrom. I still lose some models but I generally outmaneuver anything without vector dancer and by having objective secured I tend to score a lot early.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had an idea. I could drop a DP from a Thunderfire Cannon and an Ironclad and his pod, then use the points to add in two Stormtalons with Skyhammers and that last melta bomb for Khan's squad.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
^ I support that idea, despite my disinterest in Skyhammer missiles.

Were I to play this list, I would drop both of the TFCs for STs armed with TMLs and spend the next 10 points...somewhere. I'd also be inclined to shuffle around other upgrade choices to increase the number of points available and maybe get an extra bike per squad, but that's not to say this list isn't awesome.

Do you actually own three Lucius Drop Pods or are you using standard ones and playing them via proxy?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The luscious Lucius are all three in the mail as well as the imperial armour book. The crappy part is that the tournament has been moved to this saturday, and there's no way I'll have either in time. What's even shittier is that the points were adjusted down to 1500 due to time because 7th is still so new to many people (Obviously not a well organized tournament). This will leave me no time for playtesting.

I'm having a very hard time coming up with what feels like a winning combo at 1500. Any ideers?

I have a little more insight on the competition as well.

DE with fast skimmers and a fast moving horde of 4++.

IG, lots of tanks. Possibly a baneblade.

Eldar, lots of psychic powers, tough units and wave serpents.

2 Necron armies, one with flyers and ghost arks. The other with a superheavy and ghost arks.

An Iron Hands drop pod list. Lots of ven dreads.

The last guy is like me and can't make up his mind. Either BA or Tau.

I don't want to list taylor, but I just feel like I'm missing with bikes. I've even contemplated resurrecting the old 5th ed SW razorback spam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts