Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The first Saturday of next month is a 2K unbound tournament. Quite literally, battle-hardened armies are being asked not to show up. I'm considering taking the following.

Sicarius
ADL w/Comms
5 Scouts w/CCW
3 Stormtalons w/ SHML
Stormtalon w/ TLLC
Stormraven w/ TLLC, TML, Hurricane Bolters
2Stormraven w/ MM & TLLC
Landraider w/MM
Landraider Crusader w/MM

Any and all C&C is welcome, as I'm seeking input on thoughts.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I assume that you'll have the scouts near the comms, and have the Raiders on the field? My only concern is just you have SO much in reserve, and another army might have more tricks to wipe you first turn. Like, say, some ordinance or Knights.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I was at first thinking that taking out two Land Raiders T1 would be hard, but most of my lists could do that between Melta Drop Pods and a Vindicare assassin. 2+ Reserve rolls mean you're coming in nicely, but if there's anything that denies cover saves at range (lots of Barrage weapons here) to those scouts that might just be denied. I would absolutely love to face a pair of Land Raiders, my ability to deal with armour T1 is top notch because I face a ton of tanks. The fliers would be a mess to deal with once they're in, for sure. Do you have any Predators you can swap in place of a couple Stormtalons?

I have an Unbound list that's 4,000 points and solely made up of vehicles.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume that you'll have the scouts near the comms, and have the Raiders on the field? My only concern is just you have SO much in reserve, and another army might have more tricks to wipe you first turn. Like, say, some ordinance or Knights.
I was at first thinking that taking out two Land Raiders T1 would be hard, but most of my lists could do that between Melta Drop Pods and a Vindicare assassin. 2+ Reserve rolls mean you're coming in nicely, but if there's anything that denies cover saves at range (lots of Barrage weapons here) to those scouts that might just be denied. I would absolutely love to face a pair of Land Raiders, my ability to deal with armour T1 is top notch because I face a ton of tanks. The fliers would be a mess to deal with once they're in, for sure. Do you have any Predators you can swap in place of a couple Stormtalons?

I have an Unbound list that's 4,000 points and solely made up of vehicles.
Yes, I will have the Scouts near the Comm, but, not operating it that's what Sicarius is there for.

I have 2 Predators, AC & HB sponsons, that I had thought about, but, declined to bring since I was gearing more towards an Air Force.

The Scouts are mainly there to meat-shield Sicarius so he can pop the relay on turn two for the Ravens and Talons.

The Landraiders will start on the table, my only reserves are the Ravens and Talons.

I realize that its a very odd list to field, but, I'm going with the intent of just seeing what happens. I don't think this is a serious tournament as it is, since Unbound armies are restricted in the regular group play.

There are going to be Titans, I'm sure of that, but, I'm also partnering with a friend who is a Min/Max Eldar player. He will most likely run Wraith everything and Farseers on jetbikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts