Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys so im trying to make a pure ultramarine list..i dont particularly like allies..im still interested in be relatively competitive..not tournament competitive..well here is my list

hq. tiggy 165
command squad x4 meltas + pod 175
captain
bike AA R/b Sheild eternal
command squad bikes.
apothecary
Company champ
x3 PW
2 grav guns 445

troops: 5 scouts 4 sniper 59
10 x tac lascanon plasmagun
rhino 210
10 x tac lascanon plasmagun
rhino 210

fast: storm talon skyhammer 125
9x assault squad 153

heavy: 7 x devestators x plasma cannons 158
2: thunder fire cannons 200
agies with quad gun 100

so the basic thought is to keep tiggy with the devs
drop the command squad down kill the most expensive tank(S) throw away unit
infiltrate the scouts if needed. to block opponents scout move
assault squad not sure on these guys or the roll they will provide just yet..more a tarpit unit
storm tallon for just all round target hunting
devs hopefully with tiggy will re roll ignore cover ect
and the thunder-fire cannons to do what they do best

played with it today and it did really well.. although it was against Ig still needs a bit of tweaking
thoughts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thinking i might drop the assualt squad to 8 to give them flamers of a power weapon..just not sure weather to deep strike them or to jump them up the board..

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have decidie to do a veteran campaign at my store using the planetary empires..so i guess it is kinda tourny..but also to try and encourage people to come to the store i want to do a challenge me and win prizes type thing..so ill need an all round decent list...i originally had the dev cent and i like them just too bloody expensive

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Cool. You should post results of your games in this thread, if you don't mind? I'm curious to see how this list preforms. Mainly the bike captain and command squad that rides with him.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well in the game today they preformed really really well..took out a lemon russ. a squad of rough riders and then finished of the last of a ig platoon,,they got basically left alone due to the dev and the thunder fire cannons taking alot of fire

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Nice. Out of your experience, is the Thunder Fire worth taking? I've debated over acquiring one for my marines. It seems like a solid piece, but, I'm not entirely sold on it... yet

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh its definitely worth it!! i have had 1 in my list for years..the main reason i like them is they do everything i want my tac squad to do..so they are my infantry killers while my marine get to zip around an hold objectives..i try to avoid getting my tac sqauds in to fire fights..also they take a lot of fire to take down..alos the added bonus of bolstering terrain is handy

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it depends on the misssion and if i feel o need too...but usually yes.
i know people say rhinos suck but its not meant to last the whole game..just get my troops where i need thrm

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes but if i can get 1 turn out of them then im happy...i dont buy into all this crap about oh vehicles are so much weaker and they give first blood blah blah..i just deal with it and factor that in to my game plan..that they may give up first blood.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts