Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so I think i've got a good grip on my Logan wing finally (http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71158) But i am a firm believer in having variety. A second list to to change it up from time to time, keep it interesting if you will. I saw some cool ideas for hard hitting lists in some other posts. So here's another list i think i would enjoy playing in a competitive environment. Got some great advice for my Logan Wing so any help ironing this list out would be great. i have a few doubts about some of the choices in the list, but i want to hear what you think. Thanks!

HQ:
Wolf Lord w/ TW mount, Dual WCs, WTT, BoR, SotWB - 250pts
Yeah, he costs as much as a LR, but christ, looking at his stat line, what he can dish out/take, and just how much better he seems on paper compared to Canis, i couldn't help but chuckle a little. Still, this is one of my doubts. Is there a different choice in leaders that would be better for this list? If so, what would it be? and what would i put in place of his entourage?

Elites:
5 WG w/ (Termie - CML), (PA - MBs, PF, PW), LR - 420pts
Not really sure... going for dual LRs plus some razorbacks and i needed something in this LR. think it will make its points?

Troops:
10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 meltas, PF - 180pts (in LRR)
6 Grey Hunters w/ flamer, PW, razorback w/ TL LasCan - 165pts
6 Grey Hunters w/ melta, PW, razorback w/ TL LasCan - 170pts
6 Grey Hunters w/ melta, PW, razorback w/ TL LasCan - 170pts
ok, the 10 GHs in the LRR kind of act as the middel driving force. i figure between the 2 LRs and 3 razorbacks i can conceal the TWCs+Lord long enough to get them in there to start eating guys. I put 6 in each sqd to try and help them survive a tad bit longer, thoughts?

Fast Attack:
3 Thunderwolf Cavalry w/ PF - 175pts
Ok, this is suppose to be my end all-be all anti infantry hammer. I figure coupled with the lord, they can pour enough high strength hits into any unit (short of a MC or something) to wipe it out. they hide behind the tanks until its time to strike. but do you think maybe theres a better way/better unit to act as my hammer?

Heavies:
5 Long Fangs w/ 4 MLs - 115pts
5 Long Fangs w/ 4 MLs - 115pts
pretty standard, nothing really to explain, i guess you see this in almost all space wolves armies.

LR Redeemer
like mentioned above, looking to overwhelm with 2 LRs and some razorbacks, the 10 GHs will go in there.

2000pts

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmm, valid points. thanks. in order to make the changes i would have to drop the termie armour to get the standard LR and because of the CML, MAYBE get the extra WG model. we'll see. Thanks again, i always welcome different view points. anything else anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.