Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so I think i've got a good grip on my Logan wing finally (http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71158) But i am a firm believer in having variety. A second list to to change it up from time to time, keep it interesting if you will. I saw some cool ideas for hard hitting lists in some other posts. So here's another list i think i would enjoy playing in a competitive environment. Got some great advice for my Logan Wing so any help ironing this list out would be great. i have a few doubts about some of the choices in the list, but i want to hear what you think. Thanks!

HQ:
Wolf Lord w/ TW mount, Dual WCs, WTT, BoR, SotWB - 250pts
Yeah, he costs as much as a LR, but christ, looking at his stat line, what he can dish out/take, and just how much better he seems on paper compared to Canis, i couldn't help but chuckle a little. Still, this is one of my doubts. Is there a different choice in leaders that would be better for this list? If so, what would it be? and what would i put in place of his entourage?

Elites:
5 WG w/ (Termie - CML), (PA - MBs, PF, PW), LR - 420pts
Not really sure... going for dual LRs plus some razorbacks and i needed something in this LR. think it will make its points?

Troops:
10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 meltas, PF - 180pts (in LRR)
6 Grey Hunters w/ flamer, PW, razorback w/ TL LasCan - 165pts
6 Grey Hunters w/ melta, PW, razorback w/ TL LasCan - 170pts
6 Grey Hunters w/ melta, PW, razorback w/ TL LasCan - 170pts
ok, the 10 GHs in the LRR kind of act as the middel driving force. i figure between the 2 LRs and 3 razorbacks i can conceal the TWCs+Lord long enough to get them in there to start eating guys. I put 6 in each sqd to try and help them survive a tad bit longer, thoughts?

Fast Attack:
3 Thunderwolf Cavalry w/ PF - 175pts
Ok, this is suppose to be my end all-be all anti infantry hammer. I figure coupled with the lord, they can pour enough high strength hits into any unit (short of a MC or something) to wipe it out. they hide behind the tanks until its time to strike. but do you think maybe theres a better way/better unit to act as my hammer?

Heavies:
5 Long Fangs w/ 4 MLs - 115pts
5 Long Fangs w/ 4 MLs - 115pts
pretty standard, nothing really to explain, i guess you see this in almost all space wolves armies.

LR Redeemer
like mentioned above, looking to overwhelm with 2 LRs and some razorbacks, the 10 GHs will go in there.

2000pts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
it looks good to me.

i guess the only ideas i would think about are how much more WG could you bring if they didn't take Termie armor, and if you could make the LR's standard pattern for the both of them. it would give you more anti-tank. i

like the Wolf Lord, though i'd give him Saga of the Bear in case you fight under the shadow of artillery shells.

good hunting.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmm, valid points. thanks. in order to make the changes i would have to drop the termie armour to get the standard LR and because of the CML, MAYBE get the extra WG model. we'll see. Thanks again, i always welcome different view points. anything else anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts