Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first wolf list and I need advice.

This list has some elements of razorback spam but I find that it has enough punch to not be completely dependent on it.

This list comes in at exactly 2000 points. The strategy is to sit back with 4 lascannons, and 10 missile launchers and pop tanks. To assist with this, each razorback has a hunter killer missile for 4 extra missile launcher shots on turn 1. Meanwhile you have the vindicator move up to use it as a screen for Canis and the TW calvary behind it. If the vindicator gets popped, you still have 5 wolves in front of the unit for screening and cover saves.

Meanwhile on turn 2 or later, you have an outflanking WG (saga of the hunter) to get int your enemies ranks and some scouts for additional anti mech capability.

Additionally, you are casting living lightning every turn from both Njal and the rune priest, and can use JOTW on whatever attempts to get into your long fangs.

HQ

Canis Wolfborn w 2 wolves - 205

Njal Storm Caller - 245

Rune Priest w terminator armor - 130
JOTWW
Living lightning
chooser of the slain

Wolf Guard Battle leader - 220
Runic armor
powerfist
stormshield
Thunderwolf mount
Saga of the hunter
2 wolves

Troops

Grey hunter x 5 - 160
flamer
razorback w/ hunter killer missle and TW LC

Grey hunter x 5 - 160
flamer
razorback w/ hunter killer missile and TW LC

Elite

Wolf Scouts pack w/ melta bombs x 5 - 100

Fast

Thunderwolf Calvary x 2 - 155
1 x CCW and SS
1 x Frost blade

Fenrisian wolf pack x 5 - 40

Heavy

Long fangs x 5 w/ missile launcher - 225
Razorback w/ TWLC and and hunter killer

Long fangs x 5 w/ missile launcher - 225
Razorback w/ TWLC and and hunter killer

Vindicator w/ dozer blade and extra armor - 135

·
Registered
802 Posts
Personally i dont think a space wolf army should be hiding at the back shooting them like coward, they should be in the thick of it, doing what wolves do best - CHOPPING THEM WITH CHAINSWORDS!!! :ireful2:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
This list doesnt know what it wants to do and has WAY to much invested in poor HQ choices. Drop all your HQ units and replace them with 2 basic RP. Drop the TWC and the scouts, although you don't have to, and put in 1 full unit of LF and more gray hunters with razorbacks.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Personally i dont think a space wolf army should be hiding at the back shooting them like coward, they should be in the thick of it, doing what wolves do best - CHOPPING THEM WITH CHAINSWORDS!!! :ireful2:
Facepalm.... Razorwolves are pretty hard... And if the game designers didn't want them to shoot, they wouldn't have given them guns. I think your comment would be more appropriate to the greenskins and not the Wolves

I agree with Ahab... you're trying to get this to do too much... You just have too many choices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts