Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm building my first SW list and I am looking for general input but I am especially looking for input on special characters vs more wolf priests. One thing I am wondering is lukas worth his points or is a wolf priest better?

HQ

Ragnar Blackmane - 240 pts

Wolf Priest - 125 pts
-runic armor
-melta bombs

Troops

9 Grey hunters (to be w/ ragnar) - 150 pts
-1 flamer
-1 pw

9 Grey hunters (to be w/ Wolf Priest) - 185
-1 flamer
-1 pw
- Rhino

10 Grey hunters -200 pts
-1 melta gun
-1 pw
-Rhino

8 Blood Claws + Lukas The Tickster - 310 pts
-Rhino

Elites

Wolf Guard Pack - 253 pts
- 1 WG w/ Power A., Bolt P., and PW (leads the blood claws)
- 5 WG w/ Terminator Armor
(1 w/ Assault Cannon and pw)
(1 w/ Storm B. and PW)
(2 w/ Storm B. and Frost Weapons)
(2 w/ Storm B. and PF)

Venerable Dread - 205 pts
- heavy flamer
- TL Lascannon

Heavy Support

Land Raider - 250 pts
- hauling Ragnar and CO.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lucas is useless, I hate that he is, but its true.

The points in the BC pack Lucas is in would be much much better spent as TWC.

I also prefer Rune Priests over the Wolf Priests, Living Lightning and Jaws are some of the most powerful PSA )psychic shooting) attacks in the game and your leaving them at home.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
my 1500 list has more then yours.

Drop Ragnar - hes good, but not exactly worth the points
Drop Lucas - another worthless Special character

Wolf priests, as R3con said, are nice, but Rune priests are FAR better, Living Lightning, JotwW, etc the mass of powers are just awsome. Wolf priests, in my opinion, are FAR better suited to being with blood claws aswell, they need the rerolls to be good, and the extra attacks with blood claws and rerolling against specific types of opponents (usually "infantry") Without a wolf priest with the blood claws Id say drop them for Grey hunters, since Grey hunters > Blood claws.

Another thing: a Land raider holding only 10 units? Since SW Termies Can NOT teleport, Id put 5 of them built for tank busting into the Land raider with a commander.

My 1500 list has 27 grey hunters, 4 tank hunting Terimes and a bunch of tanks. so im shocked you spent to much on special characters, who are not worth the points.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Drop the wp and ragnar and replace them with a rp and a twm lord with ss, fb, and MotWB. Drop one gh on one of those 9 man squads and 1 gh from the 10 the put a wg with a pf and a cm and give the squads motw standard and a melta. Next drop the BC squads and the wg pack you have now... Plus the ven. Use the points to get yourself 2 ls with mm and hf and some twc. If you have more points get a unit of LF with ml... Yeah drop the LR and use what points you have to get 3 squads of 3 ml.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts