Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy, was after some advise. Tomorrow, the FLGS is running a space-hulk style game with 2k points per player. the Imperials are restricted to terminators and dreadnaughts, with the "galaxy" (ie, everyone else) restricted to the normal FOC. I'm on the Galaxy side, and was contemplating using the nids with a swarmlord, 30 stealers, a doom, a couple of zoanthropes, an alpha warrior, 40ish gaunts, some warriors, and a trygon prime. My question is this, since the corridors are narrow (can't even fit a rhino in) and short (18" is the longest one), should i tool up more for CC and put poison on everything? or try and bog down with gaunts and shoot what gets away.

TL:DR
What's the best way to kill off 2k worth of terminators/dreads with nids?

Cheers Guys

·
Registered
361 Posts
Monstrous creatures; as many as you can get. It will serve the double function of eliminating 2+ saves as well as messing up Dreadnought armor easily.

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that tip, forgot about loading up with carnies :headbutt:
Was thinking of Boneswords and a couple of lash whips to slow down the dreads and eat the saves.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
So... How'd the game go? What army did you take in the end? And, most importantly... Did you get any pictures of the event?

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up taking the Swarmlord with 2 guard w/lash whips, one trygon prime w/regen, an alpha warrior w/dual boneswords and rending claws (rending for the dreads), a small warrior brood with boneswords/lash whips and devourers (one with a barbed strangler) and poison for the reroll wounds, and spending the rest of the points on stealers with poison.

We'd tabled them by turn 3, which helps us in the next stage of the campain, a planetstrike appoc game. The win gave us 3d6 scatter picking the lowest, the loss would have given us 3d6 scatter, and 2d6 scatter from icons/teleport homers

pictures will come up soon (as soon as I get them off the photographer)

Thanks for the advise guys, one ally took Tau, another other took CSM spamming zerkers with khan and failaddon, and the last one spammed nid warriors with a swarmlord also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts