Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here's another concept list that I'm curious if it could be worthwhile to field. Don't laugh at the scouts, they are just there to fill slots and to hunker down and look pretty (guess I could model them as s.o.b. scouts heh - woman have better eye-hand coordination anyways).

HQ:
190 - Vulkan impersonator
200 - Chapter Master - Termi Armour, 2x TH (or a Lysander impersonator too)

Elite:
200 - Terminator Assault Squad x5 - 5x TH/SS
200 - Terminator Assault Squad x5 - 5x TH/SS

Dedicated Transport:
265 - Land Raider Redeemer - MM, EA

Troops:
105 - Scout Squad x5 - Camo Cloaks, ML, 4x Sniper Rifles, MB

Heavy Support:
275 - Land Raider Crusader - MM, EA
125 - Vindicator - Siege Shield
125 - Vindicator - Siege Shield

IDK, but seems like the other side should be having kittens w/ 2x LR's & 2x vindi's bearing down w/ over 10x termi's ready to pop out & knock things around. Toss up between 4x MC Attacks @ S8, 3x Wounds, 2+A/4+I Saves, & Orbital Bombardment; or 3x MC Attacks @ S10, 4x Wounds, 2+A/3+I Saves, & Eternal Warrior. Oh well, any tips, advice, suggestions, etc. are appreciated. /flame on heh

Thanks,

Tak

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd take the lysander wannabe out and either actually use lysander or replace him with a terminator armored librarian.

I'd suggest you work some fire support into the list. Scouts w/missile launchers don't count . Nothing hurts worse for a rock list than being cock blocked by melta chimeras or rhinos.

·
Registered
344 Posts
A unit I really like with land raiders is bikers with meltaguns as a screen so you don't get movement blocked and suicide melta'd. it's a pretty hard list but you're very vulnerable to someone parking a land speeder in front of your raider or letting his meltavets get killed in order to kill the raider thus removing any manueverability.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i disagree with the consensus to take out Lysander. i'd take out Vulkan as your list doesn't have nearly enought melta/flamer equipped to make it worthwhile.

you do have a lot of THs, but even then i don't think it's worth it.

i would completely reconsider your Scout squads. most units in 40K can prodcue enough wounds to kill off or break 5 Scouts, even in cover.

and that's a lot of Scouts for a 1st Company; did they skip a couple of grades in school to get to the head of the class? ;)

lastly, it seems the list is trying to be an Imperial Salamanders list. it's part IF and part Sallies and not doing both too well.

good hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts