Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, if you read my previous post, I am currently working on an army for my wife who has picked Slaanesh Marines and she will be learning against my Mordrak Bomb, DE or Nids and eventually going to local tournaments. So here it is. She also wants it fluffy.

HQ
Lucius

Sorcerer of Slaanesh, extra ML, Combi Plasma, Bike, Sigil of Corruption and Gift

Troops
7 Noise Marines+Champion, Icon of Excess, Rhino, Champ w/ Doom Siren, Power Axe and Melta Bombs

2x10 Noise Marines 2 Blastmasters 7 Sonic Blasters

Fast
2 Helldrakes w/ Baleflamers I might switch one back the the autocannon
5 Bikes 2 Plasmaguns, champ w/ power lance

Heavy
2x5 Havoc squads 2 Lascannons 2 Autocannons

ADL w/ Quadgun

Sorcerer obviously goes with the Havocs...no Im kiddin, hes with the bikers, the smaller noisemarine squad has Lucius the other two depending on terrain set up and other armies will probably go behind the ADL, one Havoc SGT will man the quad gun. Let me know what yall think as Im starting to buy the models. And don't say oh you shouldn't of have picked CSM for a girly army, that's what she wants ok?

·
Registered
358 Posts
nice list but u lack ap3,ap2 and also av14

lucy will suffer in that unit u need a raider realy also spend the 1 point per to give them ccw
also with the havocs go 4 las and 4 auto
and lastly give the bikers meltas
thx thats all i saw like i said nice list just needs tweeks

·
Registered
142 Posts
nice list but u lack ap3,ap2 and also av14
With 2 Heldrakes, 2 blastmasters, plasmas and lascannons, I respectfully disagree.

lucy will suffer in that unit u need a raider realy also spend the 1 point per to give them ccw
I assume that he will be using ccw instead of bolters, in which case they are free.

What's up with the sorcerer being Slaanesh marked? IMO, unless you get symphony of pain, the discipline of Slaanesh sucks. If you can find the points, I'd make him unmarked lvl 3 telepathy. Invisibility in a bike squad is priceless.

Overall, I like the list. It's very similar to something I'd run myself. Your wife will be pleased!

·
Registered
358 Posts
helldrakes can me countered very easy with movement and a brain and blasts scatter so las cannons yes others does depend on the meta u have around u

(and i have out blasted 2 helldrakes many times )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the quick replys, and yes I am giving them the free CCW. I just did the Slaanesh sorcerer to keep it all fluffy but yes roll up with an invisible bike squad will be hilarious, to keep costs down just use bases lol. Ill just paint em all up as Slaaneshi bikers. Also yes Ive countered my fair share of Helldrakes, but they were something she really liked soooo.
But anyway to make the changes suggested, I dropped one helldrake, added in another bike squad and changed the sorcerer so the list is the exact same except in the HQ and fast...

HQ
Lucius
Sorcerer ML 3, combi plasma, bike, sigil of corruption

Troops
Same

Fast
1 Helldrake w. Baleflamer
5 Bikers incl Champ 2 PG, champ combi plasma, meltabomb and power lance
5 bikers incl champ, 2 Meltaguns, champ with a combi melta and power lance

Heavy
Same

Also my meta is 2 SW, 7 SM, 2 Tau, 3 Necrons, 1 CSM, 3 BA, 1 GK, 2 Orkz, 1 IG and 1 Eldar, then my own Nids, GK and/or DE. Ive been unable to play a game against the new SM book but theres a tournament this Saturday Ill probably have the displeasure of facing off against 4 different SM players...yay me...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Sensory overload and symphony of pain suck? Are you insane?

I'd suggest breaking up your noise squads. 5 man blastmaster squads are a staple in slaanesh lists. You'll also be able to take more objectives, verse having 2 10 man static units. I don't recommend combining sonic blasters and blastmaster in the same unit. One clears troops midfield the other sits back on objectives and goes for more important targets such as devestators and the like.

Lucius isn't that great either. A brand lord sitting midfield in a blaster unit is cheaper and generally better. If you're set on your expensive assault unit in a rhino, Lucius could work because of the double doom siren.

Why get a power axe when your noise champion is i5?

The rest looks fine. I run the same setup in my havocs, and bale drakes are always useful.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sensory overload and symphony of pain suck? Are you insane?
If you read my post, what I said was:

unless you get symphony of pain, the discipline of Slaanesh sucks
Big fan of the symphony.

helldrakes can me countered very easy with movement and a brain and blasts scatter so las cannons yes others does depend on the meta u have around u
Dude, anything can be countered. How is that an argument for having to bring more ap3, that the ones he has already can be countered?
If you're worried about your drakes not lasting long, just ally in a Herald of Tzeentch and grimoire that thing. But of course, this kinda ruins the whole fluffyness thing :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My mistake, I meant seziures. It will decimate blob units such as conscripts boyz termigaunts Etc. Even the random buff spell would be beneficial in his list
to boost his commander assault squad or the bikes. The slaanesh spells are all very good.

The only thing that'll counter heldrakes is luck. If you want to be competitive, they're a staple. The amount of things he will throw at it to kill it makes it worth it's low points. Worry not.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My mistake, I meant seziures. It will decimate blob units such as conscripts boyz termigaunts Etc. Even the random buff spell would be beneficial in his list
to boost his commander assault squad or the bikes. The slaanesh spells are all very good.
Maybe I ought to give the Slaanesh spells a second chance :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts