Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on thoughts on how this might play.

Combined Arms Detachment:

Cryptek + Chrono

Immortals x8 (with Cryptek)

Lychguard x7 - Sword/Shield (With Obyron)

Triarch Stalker - Hvy Gauss

Tesseract Vault

Royal Court

Vargard Obyron

Cryptek + Chrono

Cryptek + Chrono

Command Barge - Gauss, Phylactery, Warscythe

1998/2000

I'll be honest, I wanted to make an army that looked/felt like Thousand Sons. The Immortals with a Cryptek actually perform better and cheaper than Rubric Space Marines. Then I added a few of my favorites (the Triarch Stalkers and the Command Barge). I was forced to take one Lord, so I decided to make a Tarpit unit with Lychguard (terminators?). And finally, Tesseract.

because Tesseract.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
This army would be a bastard to play, but at least there isn't a canoptek harvest. With my IG at 2000 points, I'd look to bring my knight errant and a vindicare as allies, plink out any warscythes in your lychguard block and then steamroll them with the knight. In the mean time, a manticore and LRBT Tank Commander squadron would try and do something about the Tesseract before it tables me, and I'd throw whatever is left into trying to slow down your immortals.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This army would be a bastard to play, but at least there isn't a canoptek harvest. With my IG at 2000 points, I'd look to bring my knight errant and a vindicare as allies, plink out any warscythes in your lychguard block and then steamroll them with the knight. In the mean time, a manticore and LRBT Tank Commander squadron would try and do something about the Tesseract before it tables me, and I'd throw whatever is left into trying to slow down your immortals.
Wow.

Sounds like it's actually a good list, then!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Whilst I hate to sound like a whinger, I think it's pretty easy to generate good lists with this necron codex so long as you don't pidgeonhole your army into a shooting niche and then get splatted by assault marines or something. With Tesla/Gauss rules and my tank heavy armies, I'm not set up for success either!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decided to update this list a bit, by lowering the Tesseract Vault to an Obelisk to add a few more toys to the rest of the list. Really like what it looks like now.

Mephit Dynasty Cohort:

Cryptek + Chrono

-Night Scythe

-Night Scythe

Lychguard x8 - Sword/Shield (With Obyron)

Obelisk

Royal Court

Vargard Obyron

Cryptek + Chrono

Cryptek + Chrono

Command Barge - Gauss, Phylactery, Warscythe

1998/2000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts