I'm not sure if I should go with the missile launcher or the grav-gun

(155) 10 marine Tactical squad
1 missile launcher or 1 grav-gun
I'm not sure if I should go with the missile launcher or the grav-gun

(124) 6 marine Bike squad and 1 Attack bike
2 grav-guns

(124) 6 marine Bike squad and 1 Attack bike
2 grav-guns
These two Biker squads will be riding around the battle field waiting to pounce on objectives or holding up another unit

Heavy
(100) Thunderfire cannon

(75) Stalker

(290) 3 marine Centurion Devastators
3 TWL Lascannons
3 missile launchers
1 omniscope

Elites
(140) 5 marine Sternguard squad
2 combi-melta
Pedro will be going in with these guys

(162) 6 marine Sternguard squad
2 combi-melta

(162) 6 marine Sternguard squad
2 combi-melta

Fortification
(85) Aegis defense line w/ Icarus Lascannon

Transports

(35) 1 Drop pod

(35) 1 Drop pod

(35) 1 Drop pod

The drop pods can be used to drop in the 2 tactical squads and 1 of the Sternguard squads or all 3 of the Sternguard squads

So if my math is correct I'm at 1822 points and I'm not sure what to throw in to bring me up to 2000. Also if their are some thoughts on what I already have in the army I'd appreciate it, thanks.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Spend the points on Combis all across your sternguard. Give your tactical squads missile launchers, they're more versatile (and benefit from Tank Hunter).

Buy a single Inquisitor from the C:I 'dex, a few Servo Skulls to prevent infiltrate/deep strike, and then have him man the quad gun.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Well, Kantor is always a good HQ choice for marines, IMHO. He's a Veterans best friend and always an auto include for 80% of my list I use at tournaments.
The list seems fairly solid, I would recommend the following adjustments.
Max out on Combi Weapons in the Sternguard if possible. There isn't a reason to limit yourself to only 2 in each squad.
Also, Sternguard can take the Heavy Flamer, which isn't a Heavy weapon, but, is Assault 1. Very useful and I do believe it can fire during overwatch.
The bikes seem like a great idea and I hope they work out. Just keep in mind that they're not a close combat unit.
I'm not sure about everything Xabre said concerning the Inquisitor, but, I do hold with the suggestion of adding Missiles to those Tactical Squads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts