Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build a two thousand point list using specific units because I like their designs and think they look cool. Its mostly for fun but I wouldn't mind if it could win.

No forgeworld.

So the models I want to use are terminators, centurions, and dreadnoughts.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Anyone here would likely be more able to help you if you provided a list that we can offer insights and advice for.

What chapter or chapters are you thinking about using? Are you open to other things? What kind of terminators, dreadnoughts, and centurions? Are you thinking of taking a battalion?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will likely be using either the ultramarines or iron hands chapter tactics.

I'm open to most options but I want my elite choices to be terminators or dreadnoughts, and my heavy support choices to be devistator centurions... And having my HQs be terminators or primaris so they are larger than normal marines would be neat.

Having a battalion would help make the list more playable which would mean I could put it on a table at my local store, instead of just at home.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Closet Dictator
3,429 Posts
You'll need troops, so will you be going with just scouts to max the points for the big stuff?, Do you want the dreads for firepower or fighting? You'll be small on numbers, I'd recommend taking dreadnought from the index, using the dual auto cannon dreads either venerable or regular, for the dakka, and may be venerable dreads with auto cannon and lascannon load out. Also with the point reductions think about mortis dreadnoughts with dual twin las cannons. Use the TH/SS termies for the close combat

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
139 Posts
Again, in order to make you a workable list we need to know a bit about your playstyle. Do you like to get up close quickly, or will you like to castle up and make a defensive deathstar?

Given the focus in this edition on ITC and competitive play scoring objective points, and selecting secondary objectives is VERY important.

Given the 3 types of play (control, Aggressive, enticing) you need to work out what will be your go-to strategy. Do you intend to try and deep strike your terminators into the back line of a horde army, denying control of the board to an elite army, or getting into the face of the enemy hopefully turn 1? We can write you a list for sure, but if you prefer to play a specific way it may not work for you.

A good place to start is to look at stratagems and think 'which 5 stratagems will I rely upon most often, and which synergies my play style?' Denial of deep strikers means auspex scan and bolter discipline. Assault means you will want to guarantee assaults and 1st assaults, so chaplain auto-litanies and librarians casting charge-buffing spells. An enticing army will need to lure the enemy into a certain deployment, then spend CP to redeploy, putting them out of position.

Remember that the foe may have similar stratagies to negate your own, so know your enemy and plan accordingly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts