Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C&C Please.

HQ

145-Warboss (Da Lucky Stikk, Mega Armour, Attack Squig, Cybork Body, Warlord)

50-Big Mek (Da fixer upperz,)

Elite

140-Kommandos (3 Kommandos, 2 Burna Kommandos, Boss Snikrot)

Troops

166-Boyz (20x shoota Boyz, Nob Big Choppa Bosspole)

35-Gretchin

Fast Attack

145-Dakkajet (3x TL Supa Shoota, Flyboss

Heavy Support

140-Lootas (10x Loota)

310-Morkanaut (Extra Armour, Grot Riggers, KFF)

ALLIED DETACHMENT

HQ

265-Daemon Prince (Power Armour, Wings, Mark of Nurgle, The Black Mace)

Troops

70-Chaos Cultists (Mark of Nurgle)

Heavy Support

200-Forgefiend (Additional Ectoplasma Cannon)

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Looks good but you may want to consider changing the forgefiend to a maulerfiend. You have lots of shooting so something that is a beast in CC would be good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my concern is i was having trouble with carnifexes and thought some str 8 ap2 might be useful

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
And it is useful. So you can do the forgefiend. Another cheap way to get it is to take three meks give them all kustom mega blastas and put one each in a boys squad. You just added a special weapon for free Strength 8 AP2 and if a challenge is issued you can have the mek take it while the nob bashes on the regular troops.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HQ

Elite

140-Kommandos (4 Kommandos, 2 Burna Kommandos, Boss Snikrot)

Troops

35-Gretchin

Fast Attack

135- Blitza-Bommer

Heavy Support

150-Killa Kanz (3x Rokkits)

140-Lootas (10x Loota)

ALLIED DETACHMENT

HQ

115-Chaos Lord( Mark of Nurgle, Murder sword)

Troops

70-Chaos Cultists (Mark of Nurgle)

Heavy Support

New list i constructed i was curious as to where you think i could drop points to get meks in there?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I can't speak for the Orks too well, but I don't think that CSM detachment is too effectively put together. The Lord is too slow on foot for the Murder Sword, so the enemy will be able to give him a wide berth--or shoot him to bits, since he's in a squad of 10 T4, 6+ armor cultists.

I would definitely drop the MoN on the cultists for the extra points to spend--those guys are just fodder. I'd rather have 15 cultists than 10 with MoN, really.

The Forgefiend looks fine, whether it has 2 EPCs base or 2 HACs supplemented by a mouth EPC. Can't go wrong with a Foregfiend (though you can improve it markedly with access to Prescience, or something, but... not much chance of that alongside Orks)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HQ

20-Mek (Kustom Mega-Blasta)

20-Mek (Kustom Mega-Blasta)

Elite

140-Kommandos (3 Kommandos, 2 Burna Kommandos, Boss Snikrot)

Troops

159-Boyz (19x shoota Boyz, Nob Big Choppa Bosspole)

159-Boyz (19x shoota Boyz, Nob Big Choppa Bosspole)

35-Gretchin

Fast Attack

135- Blitza-Bommer

Heavy Support

150-Killa Kanz (3x Rokkits)

112-Lootas (8x Loota)

ALLIED DETACHMENT

HQ

145-Chaos Lord( Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Murder Sword)
Troops

50-Chaos Cultists

Heavy Support

Made Some changes to the Chaos Lord and added two Meks with kustom mega- blastas am i heading in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yes you are going in the right direction, I think you are at the play testing part for your list personally.

Now please don't hate me too much but I don't think you can take the Lukky stikk and da fixxer uppers in the same army. The codex says one per army, but some people say it is one per character.

I like the new lord if you could give him a couple of spawn to run with him that would be a cool little unit.

I am just trying to figure out where the boss goes in your army? He is tooled up to fight but has no one go with him unless he goes in a boys squad but that will slow down the boys squad. He could ride in the Mork but that is an expensive delivery system. So not sure what you had planned for him.

Other thing to consider is the killa kans. I love them but don't use them except for fighting other horde armies killa kand with grotzokkas tear up troops. But I mostly fight marines and other hard stuff that if they look at the killa kan wrong it dies. Also if ony one dies you have to take the cowardly grot test. So my advice would be to play test them and see if they work for you. You may find that a deff dread with 2 kustom mega blastas works better for you.

Or if you decide that the kans aren't working for you then you can try 3 mega kannons or look into fast attack to help out your blitz bomber with some cheap rokkit deffkoptas or rokkit buggies for fast mobile twin linked rokkit goodness.

So I think you are at the play test stage because you might find that some stuff works well together and other things don't like maybe lootas aren't working and flash gitz work better for you or the Morkanaut isn't doing what you want and battlewagons are better. It wiill depend on your play style and how you want your army to work.

So just some things to consider it is a good list now is play test time and making small tweaks to the army instead of big changes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i myself was curious on the rule for the special weapons and i definitely question the survivability of the Kans but i have the 3 models and figure they might be a good bum rush on a vehicle but will see i will do some play testing and come back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.