Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm taking an interest in doing 2K of Ultramarines for a friend. He recently bought some minis at an LGS and wants to get things up and running for Saturday night games. His list looks like the following.

Lord of War
Calgar

HQ
Librarian; Level 2
Chaplain; Jet Pack, Digital Weapons

Troops
Tactical Squad; (10) Flamer, ML, Power Fist
Tactical Squad; (10) Flamer, ML, Power Weapon

Elites
Terminator Squad;(5) 2 Chainfist, Missile Launcher

Fast
Assault Squad;(5) Flamer, 2 Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, Vet Sgt
Assault Squad;(5) 3 Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Vet Sgt

Heavy
Devastator Squad; 2 Heavy Bolters, LasCannon, Missile Launcher, PF
Predator; Autocannon, LasCannon sponsons

Transports
Razorback; TLLC
Rhino

This is it so far. He is a little under 300 points left, at a glance I think he has 265(???) to use up.

Also, he is dead set on using the combos above.

Any C&C and advice for the remaining points would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Land Raider variant for the Terminators?
That was my train of thought too. 265 buys a Landraider with LasCannons, Multimelta, and Stormbolter. But, I think he is looking at more bodies on the table. Honestly, I think the Landraider is the better alternative

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Honestly, I think the Landraider is the better alternative
qft.

Some of the equipment choices make me cringe. If you wanted, add a second Devastator squad and sort out their weapons to be range/target associated. That only really eats up ~150-200 points though....Scouts?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
qft.

Some of the equipment choices make me cringe. If you wanted, add a second Devastator squad and sort out their weapons to be range/target associated. That only really eats up ~150-200 points though....Scouts?
Actually, he is going the Landraider route. He bought a RT one off of eBay that, surprisingly, has all the bits to it. He plans on using the remaining points to make Vet Sergeants for a couple of squads.

The weapon choices are horrendously terrible. I asked him about that and the response was, "that's how it looks on the box and that's how I'm building it." I then pointed out that the box picture might be that way to illustrate the options inside and was met with a response of sheer belligerents.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Always hate when that happens, but he will learn after a few games.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think GW does that so that new players model them in the "they-did-it-that-way-so-it-must-be-the-best" and then buy more models when they finally learn otherwise.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think GW does that so that new players model them in the "they-did-it-that-way-so-it-must-be-the-best" and then buy more models when they finally learn otherwise.
I am with you on that. Unfortunately, he bought a ton of old, as in second edition minis and models, that the LGS had in consignment and this is what his choices are based on.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell him to sign up and we'll collectively show him the light and the way :laugh:
I don't even need to tell him that to know the response is "I don't need you or the rest of the internet to tell me how to run my army! Derp, derp, DERP!!!!!!!"

The "Derp" is thrown in for dramatic effect of what I usually hear when he rants :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts