= 285
5 Wolf guard, all with terminator, drop pod
1 with combi-melta chain fist
1 with powerfist and combi-melta
1 with powerfist combi-flamer
1 with combi-melta
1 with cyclone missile launcher
= 285
4 Wolf guard, all with terminator, drop pod (rune priest goes here)
1 with combi-melta
= 232
10 Grey hunters with 1 melta-gun, 1 flamer, mark of the wulfen, wolf standard, drop pod
= 210
10 Grey hunters with 1 melta-gun, 1 flamer, mark of the wulfen, wolf standard, drop pod
= 210
Total = 1222

Heavy Support:
5 Long fangs with 4 multi-meltas, drop pod (Logan goes here)
= 150
Total = 150

the plan!
is to drop the Dread, Fangs and 2 termy squads 1st turn and try and bust lots of armour, the termies (with wound allocation!) go hunt down all the threats, Grey hunters just sit on objectives or get things off objectives then hold them:biggrin:, Scouts ninja tanks.

hope you enjoy
C&C welcome!!!!
Durian out

·
Registered
298 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm not sure the "wound allocation" matters that much. As I understand it, the reason those mobs of nob bikers seem so pesky is that they can allocate wounds to several models, never removing whole models because the guys are "unique".

Since wolf guard die when they take a wound, it seems like the main trick is lost. Unless I don't understand something, which is quite possible.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm not sure the "wound allocation" matters that much. As I understand it, the reason those mobs of nob bikers seem so pesky is that they can allocate wounds to several models, never removing whole models because the guys are "unique".

Since wolf guard die when they take a wound, it seems like the main trick is lost. Unless I don't understand something, which is quite possible.
well, it also helps with models that would die completely. say you take 2 melta wounds and 8 bolter wounds. you can put both melta on one guy. that way the others can all take their armor saves.

·
Registered
155 Posts
hey everyone!

thought i'd try out a Loganwing build, hope you enjoy
here it goes

HQ:
Logan Grimnar
= 275
Rune priest with murderous hurricane, jaws of the world wolf
= 100
Total = 375

Elites:
Dreadnought with drop pod
= 140
5 Wolf scouts with melta-gun, 2 melta-bombs, mark of the wulfen
= 110
Total = 250

Troops:
1 with combi-melta
= 285
1 with combi-melta
= 285
4 Wolf guard, all with terminator, drop pod (rune priest goes here)
1 with combi-melta
= 232
= 210
= 210
Total = 1222

Heavy Support:
5 Long fangs with 4 multi-meltas, drop pod (Logan goes here)
= 150
Total = 150

the plan!
is to drop the Dread, Fangs and 2 termy squads 1st turn and try and bust lots of armour, the termies (with wound allocation!) go hunt down all the threats, Grey hunters just sit on objectives or get things off objectives then hold them:biggrin:, Scouts ninja tanks.

hope you enjoy
C&C welcome!!!!
Durian out
when it comes down to it, the best type of logan wing is spamming cyclone missiles.

logan

dread
MM+HF+extra armor

wolf guard x5
1x termanator w/ cyc missiles
5x combi melta
2x fist(one on terminator)
drop pod

wolf guard x5
5x combi melta
drop pod

wolf guard x5
5x combi melta
drop pod

wolf guard x5
5x combi plasma

wolf guard x5
5x combi plasma

wolf guard x5
5x combi plasma

land speeder
MM+HF

land speeder
MM+HF

land speeder
MM+HF

fangs x5
4x missiles

fangs x5
4x missiles

thats 2k
you have 3 drop pods you can put logan in. the others are foot slogging with relentless plasma's and there's 2 missiles coming out of each group plus 4 from the back from each long fang pack. plus the groups that drop in can kill at least one thing with all the melta before they get assaulted. LR maybe? easy if you put logan with them S9 melta anyone? plus you have 3 MM HF speeders and a dread walking around for lots of anti horde and anti armor. plus the dread can scare things off objectives.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies,
heres a new version of the list with suggestions made by True :)

HQ:
Logan Grimnar
= 275
Total = 275

Troops:
5 Wolf guard, 1 terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 4 combi-melta, power-fist, chain-fist, drop pod
= 230
5 Wolf guard, 1 terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 4 combi-melta, power-fist, chain-fist, drop pod
= 230
5 Wolf guard, 1 with terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 1 combi-flamer, 1 combi-plasma, 1 combi-plasma, melta-bombs, 1 combi-melta
= 155
5 Wolf guard, 1 with terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 1 combi-flamer, 1 combi-plasma, 1 combi-plasma, melta-bombs, 1 combi-melta
= 155
5 Wolf guard, 1 with terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 4 combi-plasmas
= 150
5 Wolf guard, 1 with terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 3 combi-plasmas
= 145
Total = 1065

Fast Attack:
2 Land speeders with multi-melta, heavy-flamer
= 140
2 Land speeders with multi-melta, heavy-flamer
= 140
Total = 280

Heavy Support:
5 Long fangs with 4 multi-meltas, drop pod
= 150
5 Long fangs with 4 missile launchers
= 115
= 115
Total = 380

How does this compare to the 1st list? The 2 combi plas wolf guard squads stay back for home objective cover, Logan still hangs with his mm buddies, the 2 melta wolf guard squads drop by some armour and try to pop it, the other two wolf guard squads clear out/hold midfield objectives
Durian

·
Registered
324 Posts
the new one looks much better. The only thing that is a bit out of place is the land speeders, since they'll be the only armour and thus won't last very long. you can replace the 2 squads of speeders with a squad of TWC and a rune priest. The few points you're missing you can get from dee-tooling a couple of PAWGs.

alternatively you can go with 2 Iron Priests in TWM, less survivable than a TWC unit but will give you 2 units.

This way you get a couple of things. 1) you get psychic defense and awesome support from the priest. 2) you still get some faster stuff but it's not as fragile as Land Speeder squadrons

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just a little change
was thinking i needed a stronger home objective holder. What do you think?
so i changed the ls squads down to 1 and added a 10 man wg squad with 2 cml and some plasma just incase

heres the list with additions
HQ:
Logan Grimnar
= 275
Total = 275

Troops:
5 Wolf guard, 1 terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 4 combi-melta, chain-fist, power-fist, drop pod
= 225
5 Wolf guard, 1 terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 4 combi-melta, chain-fist, power-fist, drop pod
= 225
= 155
= 155
5 Wolf guard, 1 with terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 4 combi-plasmas
= 150
10 Wolf guard, 2 with terminator armour and cyclone missile launcher, 5 combi-plasmas
= 295
Total = 1205

Fast Attack:
1 Land speeders with multi-melta, heavy-flamer
= 70
1 Land speeders with multi-melta, heavy-flamer
= 70
Total = 140

Heavy Support:
5 Long fangs with 4 multi-meltas, drop pod
= 150
= 115
= 115
Total = 380

what do you think? I like the larger squad it will make me feel safer for objective games

@ 43, my local club doesnt field many psykers (only guy who really does is Eldrad/skimmer-spam hopefully all my missiles will rip his little skimmers up!) so one of the main points about having him gone, twc i think would get shot up for being the only real cc threat on the field, but is a very interesting idea. thanks for your input anymore would be appreciated.

Durian out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts