land speeder
MM+HF

land speeder
MM+HF

fangs x5
4x missiles

fangs x5
4x missiles

thats 2k and it's full of melta and relentless plasma and missiles.

thats 20 missiles, 4 MM, 4 HF, 15 combi plasma's, 15 combi melta's and 6 power fist's, plus Logan Grimnar. scoring terminators with long range threat. plenty of attacks. logan can either go in a pod for S9 melta, yes please, or relentless/tank hunter long fangs. i posted this as a revamp of someones logan wing list but it wasn't quite a revamp, but more a rewrite from a fresh slate lol. figured i'd post it.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
This is damn close to a 2k Logan I fielded once and it worked fairly well. Only real difference was I had no plasma, me no like chance of go boom in face, and I had no dread and one more LS with two whole squads of LF ML. Should do ok as far has Logan wing light goes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is damn close to a 2k Logan I fielded once and it worked fairly well. Only real difference was I had no plasma, me no like chance of go boom in face, and I had no dread and one more LS with two whole squads of LF ML. Should do ok as far has Logan wing light goes.
thanks, i thought it looked pretty good too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You have three easy kill points with your Landspeeders. Think about grouping them. I like packets of two. Also, how will your landspeeders enter play? If your thinking about deep striking then you might want to give your drop pods beacons? Its nice not to scatter to get the most out of a HF template or some rear armour with your MMs.

Might be nice to give some of your terminators HFs? Depends how you want to do it i suppose.

I would stick the dreadnought in a drop pod personally or else arm it with a different weapon that has longer range e.g plasma cannon or Las cannon? I would imagen that it wouldn't ever return its points walking arcoss field.

Sick list. I wouldn't want to play you!

·
Registered
324 Posts
@ latch:

by grouping them you make them easier to get killed. Never limit your army for the sake of killpoints.

@ high seraph:

logan wing means using Logan Grimnar, who allows you to choose Wolf Guard (normally elites) as troops. Since wolf guard are like veterans but can be individually customized to hell and back, this gives you a lot of possibilities, together with the fact that Logan can give a bunch of different USRs to the unit he's attached to.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You have three easy kill points with your Landspeeders. Think about grouping them. I like packets of two. Also, how will your landspeeders enter play? If your thinking about deep striking then you might want to give your drop pods beacons? Its nice not to scatter to get the most out of a HF template or some rear armour with your MMs.

Might be nice to give some of your terminators HFs? Depends how you want to do it i suppose.

I would stick the dreadnought in a drop pod personally or else arm it with a different weapon that has longer range e.g plasma cannon or Las cannon? I would imagen that it wouldn't ever return its points walking arcoss field.

Sick list. I wouldn't want to play you!
as 43 said i would't want them together because they get easier to kill, also space wolves dont have beacons. the dread is walking with the three groups of foot slogging wolf guard. since half the army is walking im sure he'll get to earn his points back.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
have to agree with ahab. don't like plasma spam and IMO some of your WG units transports, even if it's just a rhino to walk behind, because of course, the termies can't ride in small transports.

decent looking though.

good hunting.

·
Registered
153 Posts
plasma spam not so good i think, because you have small numbers of troops dont risk them w plasma, maybe drop some cyclone termies to fit in razorbacks...maybe consider running multimelta fangs with logan, itll make your opponent deploy different, thats a game changing little squad because of their high threat on high priority vehicles like land raiders or vindicators...plus the land speeders seem very out of place..i run loganwing now tweaked after playing 3 different lists, and splitting drop pods with mech and running TWC screws up priority---first turn logan hits with fangs plus a squad of WG with a cyclone, combi meltas and a rune priest and the act as can openers, while razorbacks + walking cyclones tear transports to shreads...consider the rune priests as dual purpose, they help your army immensely, JOTWW helps against things like fexes, murderous hurricane provides an annoying anti horde shooting attack, and living lightning gives more anti armor..i run three rune priests in mine, lots of psyker defense and immense destructive power, plus jaws is overrated but provides a nice scare factor...thus screwing target priority..meanwhile they have TWC threatening on turn 2 w a line breaking charge...

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's Certainly better then the 1500 one but there are a few concerns. Lack of mobility is huge, yes you have squads that can come in wherever you want but other then that everything's footslogging. That really limits the way you can play. You do a lot to compensate for that with the missile launchers which mean you can do pretty well against mech.

i think it's a good list, not as good as some fully optimized lists but certainly stands a chance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
leave out the dread and speeders,thats something codex marines do much better because of vulkan, focus on the strengths of this particular army type, abuse logan's abilities...with or without the dread you dont have very reliable av 14 killers, still rolling at 50/50 to hit them, give yourself a better chance against it, i.e chinfists on termies, multimelta fangs etc..you dont need the missiles on the long fangs, you have enough cyclones, utilize the points saved after removing them to improve mobility, and in TWC and enjoy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
leave out the dread and speeders,thats something codex marines do much better because of vulkan, focus on the strengths of this particular army type, abuse logan's abilities...with or without the dread you dont have very reliable av 14 killers, still rolling at 50/50 to hit them, give yourself a better chance against it, i.e chinfists on termies, multimelta fangs etc..you dont need the missiles on the long fangs, you have enough cyclones, utilize the points saved after removing them to improve mobility, and in TWC and enjoy
2 drop pods with 5 combi meltas isn't enough anti AV14 for you? how many land raiders do you expect to see at 2000, 4? 5?
plus 4 multi meltas? seriously i have enough anti AV anything, i could one turn a titan with all my melta. (don't say no, there are titains you can one turn with less)

·
Registered
153 Posts
i shoulda paid better attention to what i posted...insert dunce cap...my idea is geared more toward better better utilizing all of your firepower..at 2k obviously at most maybe 2 land raiders, rarely 3--deathwing, pure grey knights--and yes you do have enough firepower, but i feel like in a loganwing army one of the best combos involve MM long fangs and logan..giving you a better first turn, wasting one more target, just something to consider, and yes i apologize for the rather daft prior comment

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So he hops from unit to unit allowing them to relentless their Combi-plasma? I'm just looking for the meaning of the claim that the army has "lots of relentless plasma".
no he could be in one unit with 5 combi plasma. IMO, that may not be a lot for a whole army, but thats still a lot for one unit. plus they can move and still shoot 1 shot at 24" if there is a need to do so. it's just one possibility, i depend's on what im fighting and where they are and who i want him with. with the same list i can have S9 missiles and S9 melta guns or relentless missiles or plasma. or S8 plasma for that matter. there is just a lot to do with logan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.