Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello just see what you think of this eldar list around 2kpoints(ish)
tell me what you think.

Farseer
doom
fortune
runes of witnessing
runes of warding
spirit stones
singing spear
jetbike

4 warlocks (with farseer)
enhance
embolden
2 destructors
4 singing spears
jetbikes

8 howling banshees
exarch
mirrorswords
acrobatics
(waveserpent)
EML

6 harlequins
troupe master
harlequins kiss(for all)
(Falcon)
EML

5 fire dragons
(waveserpent)
EML

10 Dire avengers
exarch
bladestorm
(waveserpent)
EML

10 Dire avengers
exarch
bladestorm
(waveserpent)
EML

10 Dire avengers
exarch
bladestorm
(waveserpent)
EML

Fire prism

Fire prism

well there it is just tell me what you think see if i have the rght idea.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi there,

First off, the idea is sound and the basics are all there. Some tweaking however, on the farseer, your gonna want spirit stones so you can actually use two powers a turn. I'd also consider dropping the least used power (I suspect in your case it would be guide) as otherwise its wasted points and we can't afford to waste points :p.

My only other comment would be that the harlies may be a little small to do to much, but if you pick your target right they should be ok and take on those bigger dedicated assault units with the banshees.

I assume if you come across multi land raider lists, dragons take one and the council take another and hope there isn't more? If this is the case i'd contemplate dropping the spears. The reason being if you assault you actually have another attack as the spear is 2h and the blade 1h plus the pistol they like to carry around. This would give you 15pts which minus guide gives you enough for spirit stones and a 6th dragon. These are the only slight changes i'd make however, overall a very good list.

Panzer

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
good points i took out guide for spirit stones.
The harles are good for taking out big monster things (wraithlords, DP) plus I love the models as for the seer council..singing spears offer that extra anti tank that I think my list lacks. thanks for the comment:D

edit: can you not have two 1h wpns and one 2h wpn?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wont go and say you should drop A or throw more units into B, cause I both think its basically a good layout and find it more enjoyable to play an idea you made yourself over something some guy online helped mold for you. But, if you'd like I would be happy to share my observations on a few aspects of your army. =)

First of all, I have been experimenting with my seer council alot lately. As we all know by now, they are expensive. x.x As such, I try and find places that dont always seem to perform for me with them, so I can cut the fat and maybe afford another one to help me with the killing to be done. One of those spots is, oddly enough, spirit stones and a second psyker ability. Fortune is a must for them, that second invulnerable save kicks booty no doubt. But as they always get 2+ for wounds, really you are only buying on average 1 out of 6 rolls to be redone with doom. It would deffinitely help with destructor, but the problem with that is when you kill too many of them before assault and end up losing the assault comepletely. I usually prefer to let the destructors carry out a natural dice progression, and simply soften the other guy up instead of cripple him, thats what the witchblades in their many forms are for.

On that note, I usually only keep Singing Spears on my Enhance and Embolden Warlocks. And for your build maybe also the Farseer. Since I cant use both the thrown spear and the destructor in the same turn, I like to keep them without it. For your build it gives you a couple extra assault attacks without majorly disrupting your shooting phases anti tanking ability plan I think.

Oh, I know I seem to prefer to shave points to maxamise numbers, but one place I always think is a good place to put in the extra pointage is at least one Bright Lance. You've got alot of anti tank options, but the strongest of them is either close range, (Singing Spears and Fire Dragons) or often more desirable elsewhere (Fire Prisms, and used against infantry is usually my preference for them. Uncombined if possible for maximum effect.) And all of these still end up a touch short of the 'ol BL when up against the inevitable Land Raider. I know I didnt want to try and mold your list any, but here is a thought. Take one of your Dire Avenger squads, chop it down to a basic 5 man squad with a TL BL on that Wave Serpent. Then, as I have noticed the oponnent is prone to do when faced with a bright lance, they will put a priority on poppin that tank. So you leave that tank back some laying down its lance fire from extended range. If it goes boom, your transports with more precious cargo have been spared at least one bad hit. And if it doesnt get targeted like expected and/or it survives to late game, you can still zoom it across field to have those low points unit inside win the game for you. =)

Oh, before I forget. Vectored Engines. I lost a game because I forgot them, wont make the same mistake. Not on every vehicle, but there comes a time every now and then when you will need to risk that dangerous terrain roll. An if you fail it while moving all out, I discovered that your guys inside the tank do not get to come out and so they go splat as well. x.x

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh, before I forget. Vectored Engines. I lost a game because I forgot them, wont make the same mistake. Not on every vehicle, but there comes a time every now and then when you will need to risk that dangerous terrain roll. An if you fail it while moving all out, I discovered that your guys inside the tank do not get to come out and so they go splat as well. x.x
All good points apart from this, purely on the basis that when you need it sure its great to have vectored engines, but you need them so rarely they just are not worth the points in my experience. Out of the two possible engine upgrades (and I rarely advise any) i'd go with star, simply because by clever use of shooting order, you can potentially fire a unit, then move the tank to block any return fire. However, these are all fine details and minor points, overall I think the consensus is a very good list, tweak to personal taste.

Panzer

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
BL is a better idea for some tanks and stuff after playing lance spam DE you get a little sick of them so thought id change and spam somthing else lol my only real worry is not having many models on the table:(

Edit: I dont like the idea of taking 5 DA and a waveserpent just to stick it near the back to fire one brightlance:/ not really worth the points.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Quick correction. Star engines allow the movement IN LIEU. This means the vehicle cannot shoot and use the extra movement. Also if a vehicle crashes then the troops can get out. I think in one situation wraithguard can be destroyed but other troops should be fine.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I believe that he meant that he would use Star Engines to move the Serpent in front of another unit that had fired. It is in lieu of shooting, so the Serpent itself cannot shoot and star engine in the same turn.

The unit inside getting destroyed has to do with the rule that if the unit inside a vehicle going flat out cannot disembark and the rule on wrecked transports that says that models that cannot disembark are destroyed. It is a nasty rule that several people don't adhere to and still others use "emergency disembarking" to escape this death. Some people don't allow the emergency disembarking use in this instance as it states it is to be used if Impassible Terrain or enemy models block your normal disembarking method. Personally, I'd assume the fast speeds made the ground "impassible" for the models inside. If your local climate doesn't allow either option, then I would almost consider Vectored Engines.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i would drop the Harlies: i see no point in them, as typically they're more common as mobile cover in Footdar armies. everything you have has a ride, so the need for them to provide cover is irrelevent.

their squad size is small as well.

i'd buff that Jetseer council with the points for the Harlies. also increase the size of your Banshees to 10 and give the Exarch an Exectutioner; Eldar are weak so you'll have a hard time wounding a lot of things on the board.

good hunting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the singing spears are nice but the fact that all of your seer council models have them mean you get 12 attacks on the charge and 6 without, none of which ignore armor. the spears can be very good, i have used them before with some success however i would have to suggest changing some of the emls to bls and dropping the spears because that would make your council better at what they are supposed to do. Another strategy i use is i will boost my fire dragons ws behind my seer council and use them to pop a tank and then have the council assault whats just gotten out. no that you have to do this, just an idea that you should try and see if you like better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts