Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so im playing a buddy of mine & his new(ish) necron army, from what ive seen he has 1 'lith & lots of destroyers.

so heres my list

HQ
Captain Artificer armor, Storm bolter, Power weapon 138
Command Squad Standard, Champ, Apothecary, Power weapon, Power Fist, Combi-Flamer 195

Elite
Terminator Squad assault cannon, Cyclone ML 260
Terminator Squad 3 Lightning claws, 2 TH/SS 200

FA
Assault Squad Power weapon, flamer 125

Heavy
Predator AC, Las sides 120
Vindicator Siege Shield 125
Land Raider 250

Troops
Tactical Squad 1 ML, Flamer, PW 185
Tactical Squad 2 ML, melta, bolter/powerfist 200
Tactical Squad 3 Lascannon, Flamer, Power weapon 195

so i have a total of 1993 points, ill prolly add a meltabomb to a squad if i dont fiddle with the list

now i havent played necrons at all really so ill prolly end up in Sh*tville quickly in this game.

my general idea would be to combat squad the tact squads & shoot at the destroyers / destroyer lord & scarabs let the CC parts get closer & attempt to either CC or just grab OBJs & attempt to hold 'em the RAS is in general gonna try to get in CC with some destroyers, im gonna try to get a PF in the squad

the LR / vindi will go forward & shoot stuff

the AC/Las pred is gonna chill with the shooty end of the combat squads & also attempt to kill lots of destroyers

i feel like unless i can squeeze a rhino/razorback in this list its almost better to drop the Capt & CO squad...id prolly swap them out for a Chaplain w/ Jump pack a PF & combi melta a libby in termie armor that will DS with the shooty termies & move around with Gate

thoughts?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

First off, your Terminator squad needs to looked into. It has a cyclone and an assault cannon, you need 10 terminators to have 2 heavy weapons. If you are facing Necrons, the cyclone is your best bet. Also flamers are not so great as Necrons have armour save of 3+. Try to change them to meltas.
Lastly, the destroyers are your first target, make sure you are happy with the amount of long range firepower you have.

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hail,

First off, your Terminator squad needs to looked into. It has a cyclone and an assault cannon, you need 10 terminators to have 2 heavy weapons. If you are facing Necrons, the cyclone is your best bet.
ahh thanks WE, i just modeled them as such

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think you should drop the LR and take a second Vindi and with the extra pts fill out Your termi's, maybe add some DTT's if you'd like. but definately a second Vindi

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you have another vindicator i would try to get it on. Also the predator is mispriced i believe. If the necrons are buying close combat units, don't worry about them they are all way over priced. also think about how to deal with monoliths and potentially gods.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you have another vindicator i would try to get it on. Also the predator is mispriced i believe.
err thanks sorry, it should be the AC / 2 Las pred @ 120

also why should i take 2 vindis? hes gonna be running lots of destroyers & they will just flank me & make the vindi go boom.

·
Registered
159 Posts
vindicators chomp through every necron unit except for gods and wraiths. the fire power and large blast take out monoliths, swarms, warriors with no problem. hit those pesky destroyers with a blast and knock them all outl. and if he tries to flank the vindicator, then they will be really exposed and easy to kill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts