(10) Flesh Hounds-150pts

(9) Flesh Hounds-135pts
Karanak-35pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Soul Grinder-160pts
Phlegm

Soul Grinder-160pts
Phlegm

This is my updated khorne list. Comments and suggestions are welcome. The only other mods I have in mind are dumping the Flesh Hounds for more troops.

·
Registered
165 Posts
-The upgrades (Fury and Instruments) on both the Letters and the Hounds are pretty much superfluous.
-Actually, I'll say the same of Instrument on Bloodthirster.
-Blessing of the Blood God would be much better on BT (such an expensive model deserves the protection).
-Are you planning to Join Skulltaker to the Bloodcrushers? If so then you're fine, if not you should use the Chariot instead.
-Same question about the Herald.
-I'm sort of assuming that you're putting Skulltaker and the Herald with the Bloodcrushers, that is some serious overkill (though it would be intimidating and fun). Under that assumption I suggest that you move the Chaos Icon to one of the regular Crushers; it will increase the unit's uniqueness (always a good thing) and actually help you keep the Icon around, since it then won't be able to be singled out in CC.
-If you're not putting one of the HQs with the Crushers, you should go up to 5 crushers and include a Chaos Icon for improved uniqueness.
-This small number of troops is going to make it VERY hard to ever win objectives games. However, if you only ever play annihilation, this is fine.
-No complaints about the Hounds (except as previously noted). They're a functional stand in since you've chosen to not run Fiends of Slaanesh.
-I'm not a fan of Tongue on Grinders. 160 pts for a BS3 unit that seems to be meant to sit on your back line and try to pop armor every turn just isn't points well spent. You can always advance the Grinder every turn as a threat and not worry about whether or not you're hitting with the Mawcannon. It will certainly do a passable job at drawing fire.
-Phlegm on Grinders is awesome. I'm more a fan of a well designed DP, but plenty of great players swear by Grinders with Phlegm.
-This DP is a little pricey. I like its abilities, but I also know that it's really a bargain Bloodthirster that just isn't anywhere near as good as a real BT. You don't have any HQ slots open though. Truth be told though, I've given this guy a thumbs up on an experimental basis for my own Mono Khorne list that begins play testing this weekend.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
[/COLOR]
HQ
Bloodthirster-275pts
Death Strike
Instrument of Chaos
BTs don't draw combats. Drop the instrument. And DS is a pretty useless upgrade. Give him might and BotBG instead.
Skulltaker-175pts
Juggernaut of Khorne

Herald of Khorne-160pts
Juggernaut of Khorne
Death Strike
Unholy Might
Icon of Chaos
Not really sold on Khorne Heralds. But if you like them they are decent. Just drop Death strike. It's garbage.
ELITES

(4) Bloodcrushers of Khorne-175pts
Instrument of Chaos
Fury of Khorne
Drop a few of these. You don't need them since your heralds can join the unit (which the probably should) so save some points.
TROOPS

(10) Bloodletters-175pts
Fury of Khorne
Instrument of Chaos
Keep these guys naked. Buy more guys instead of irrelevant upgrades.
(10) Bloodletters-175pts
Fury of Khorne
Instument of Chaos
ditto
FAST ATTACK

(10) Flesh Hounds-160pts
Fury of Khorne

(10) Flesh Hounds-160pts
Fury of Khorne
Khornedogs aren't all that good. But if you insists then these units are just fine.
HEAVY SUPPORT

Soul Grinder-160pts
Tongue

Soul Grinder-160pts
Phlegm

Daemon Prince-225pts
Daemonic Flight
Iron Hide
Unholy Might
Mark of Khorne
Death Strike
Rather expensive, not all that great. Another grinder with tongue would probably do better.
This is a second list for my alternate army, please feel free to comment and make suggestions.
For a monogod army it's pretty decent. Maybe consider including Karanak in a hound unit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Khorne list

Thanks much for the ideas! I can see dropping some of the gear, or switching it for something more reliable. I am reworking my list to drop the DP, add more troops and to include some more Bloodcrushers. Also, I am planning to include Karanak with the Flesh Hounds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keeping 6 Bloodcrushers, putting Skulltaker and the herald on Jugs mixed in with them. Cant see putting either of them in chariots and making them mass shooting targets since that seems to be the cheese people are flocking to now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts