Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first 2k army. It'll be the first game I've ever played. Fighting Chaos Daemons. So here goes!:

HQs
Kharn the Betrayer (Who else xD)

Daemon Prince!! - MoN or MoS because I need Warptime - 140 to 155 depending on the mark.

Troops

9 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champ - no vehicles so no PF?
Rhino - Combi-Flamer, because he has charges forward with many daemons at a time, so i can wipe out the hordes
244 Points

10 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champ - same idea
Rhino - Combi-Flamer

10 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champ - ''
Rhino - Combi-Flamer

10 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champ - ''
Don't have any more Rhinos :(

10 Khorne Berzerkers
Skull CHamp

5 Possessed - MoK
Possessed CHamp

Vindicator
Combi-Flamer

1714 Points where do i put the rest?

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
The Daemon Prince needs wings really as well! I prefer M of N but thats up to you!
I'd drop the zerker units down to 8, EA armout on the rhinos!
I see you haven't got anymore rhinos but foot slogging bezerkers aren't the best! I would either get some more rhinos or take CSM squads with MofK and some special weapons! Flamers could be fun!
I'd take at least two Vindies both with DP (drop the combi flamer)
Also I like dreadnoughts, run maybe two dccw dreads with HF and EA! Good times!
Oh and drop the possessed, they can be a bit weak and unreliable!
With your zerker units the PF would be useful against soul grinders or MC's
Thats my thoughts anyway!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would trim the squads down to 8 man, and drop the possessed. You may be able to squeeze 2 landraiders in to bring you to 2k and give everyone a transport.

If that isn't an option, here are some observations:

Adding a champ to the Possessed is really only useful if you plan on trying to bring in a Greater Daemon. That is an easy 100 pts to bulk up the list and cause death, just make sure you get them where the GD is needed.

I give powerfists to all of my squads, and powerweapons aren't the greatest against the daemon inv save, though they do stop FnP on plaguebearers. I believe you may be alright with just the Furious Charge BZKRs get naturally. But if you plan on playing other people, Powerfists will save your ass now and then.

The easiest way is add more heavy support. Defilers could be a good option as they have melee powers for the second wave of daemons that will show up around you.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Malgron's advice is solid; what other models do you own?

personally, i would drop the Possessed, and put all of your 'Zerkers in rhinos with EA. this is an urthodox move, but you could try to get a squad of TSons as screeners, or pick up 1-2 Vindies to form a shield wall for a blob unit of 'Zerkers, say 15+.

again, i don't know what models you own, but since of course money is a limiting factor, springing for the Vindies may be easier (read: cheaper) than springing for two LRs.

good hunting.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
posting from work

This might be fun:

HQ
• Daemon Prince
- Mark of Nurgle; Wings; Warptime
175 points

ELITES
• Dreadnought
- extra close-combat weapon
100 points
• 5 Chosen - Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour and combi-melta
268 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino with extra armour
258 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Champion with powerfist and combi-melta; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
266 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 3 Obliterators

225 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points
• Defiler - 2 extra close-combat arms
150 points

TOTAL:
2,000 points

HTH

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
:goodpost:

Looks like an awesome list, ;o
Writing that one down, only need 1 Oblit and i can play it also! :D

EDIT: Just noticed your playing Daemons..

You could try spamming Rhino's/Vindicators/Land Raiders and targetting his Princes and GD Straightaway, if you got rid of those, with tanks remaining, Daemons have little other tricks for taking out tanks.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you are trying to stick to a Khorne theme, you can always leave your Daemon Prince unmarked. This way he can still take a power, but isn't from a different cult. An unmarked Warptime DP at 155 points is a steal. Even in mixed armies where I can take any mark I'll still use these guys.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
I would get another daemon prince with wings with mark of slaanesh. I know you want to make it "khorne themed" so you can make another name for it and say "counts as." It makes player more competetive as it provides more options.

Kharn will always fuck up your bezerker units, and you don't want to waste time hiding him in units so he doesnt get instint death and then getting him out so he doesn't screw up your expensive khorne units effectiveness.

You don't have rhinos... use "rhino formation." its what i do sometimes when i dont have transports.

1. use your rhinos sideways and move them up the field like a wall. with the last rhino on both sides facing outwards and with rear armor touching you inward rhinos. (protects rear armor)
2. have non armored/rhino units behind the rhinos for cover. Note: They may have to run but its better than leaving them unprotected.
3. move the rhino formation up and unleash hell

thats the best advise i can tell you until you can better upgrade and purchase stuff for your army. luck:victory:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
That's not a very good Rhino technique... To be honest... the Front would last 1 turn, blow up, leaving 2 unprotected Rhinos.

Best way to do it is have then in a line, and Manouver them so they take turns in being at the front of the convoy... Popping smoke each time... that's 3 moving phases worth of 4+ Cover saving.. You wont get better from F11 S10 R10... Fuck... Why are Rhino's so shit. Should be 12 all round atleast. :|

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
That's not a very good Rhino technique... To be honest... the Front would last 1 turn, blow up, leaving 2 unprotected Rhinos.

Best way to do it is have then in a line, and Manouver them so they take turns in being at the front of the convoy... Popping smoke each time... that's 3 moving phases worth of 4+ Cover saving.. You wont get better from F11 S10 R10... Fuck... Why are Rhino's so shit. Should be 12 all round atleast. :|
no shit you'd be popping smoke. If you don't know you always pop smoke with lugguge in your rhino, than wtf. lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would remove the squad of possessed and 2 rhinos and fit in a Landraider, Zerks in a raider are awesome.
If you want to spend the extra points then my 2 always includes are Terminators and Dreadnoughts, they have a great hard hitting impact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts