Unicron: Lord joining other plaguemarines;PF,LC,MoN,PoN,SoC
Monstroso: Lord joining bikers; bike,Burning Brand,Murder Sword,MoT,SoC
Terri: Sorcerer joining same bikers; +2ML,FAx,Cbolter,Sfamiliar,MoT,DoT,SoC

2X10 cultists

2X10 plaguemarines; 2flamers

3chaos bikers; PF, 2flamers

2chaos predators;AutoCannon,HBsponson,HLauncher

2X8 havocs;4ML

this is a for fun list to try and move away from horde lists and experiment with HQs
I want to be playing this in a weeks time but my opponents will dictate the timespan
I hope to last the entire match with this list but i made it without much thought i will either be against Grey Knights or Nids I will post how it does if I use this but time for play will really be the deciding factor
my last game started in the evening and I got home around 4am hahaha

·
Registered
268 Posts
I like where you're going with this. Would you consider something like the following?

Abaddon
Huron
Cypher

5x Chosen w/ 5x melta/plasma/flamer
CSM blob squad for cypher?

+ extras.

You should be able to shoot Grey Knights off the board first turn :). This is a very rough base to build off of. Huron and Cypher provide infiltrate while Addadon brings the best infiltration targets as troops: Chosen with 5 plasma guns. About as far from horde as CSM gets.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have abbadon and I dont know anything about cypher
where can I find his dataslate? also i am not hot about plasmaguns since they cant take out av14 and i am going for breath of chaos to use against 2+armor also this will be my first experience with havocs but thats just me i could care less if anyone cannibalises this list for their own army just tell me if you have fun heh

·
Registered
936 Posts
Cypher's dataslate allows you to take a formation of 3 chosen squads that come with ATSKNF and infiltrate at the cost of Chaosy extras like vets and marks. Cypher himself costs just shy of 200 points and infiltrates. Google cypher dataslate and read through the first few pages, that will give you a basic run down of what he does. Couple him with huron and you have your sneaky sneaky list

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked out Cypher and hes just not my style
if theres a way i could give my havocs relentless that would prompt some changes
what other characters are there like this Cypher

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i checked out Cypher and hes just not my style
if theres a way i could give my havocs relentless that would prompt some changes
what other characters are there like this Cypher

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
sadly none. you could use belakor, but he's just a mean and costly DP. no special abilities for us :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this list has evolved into one with
huron warlord leading 8 korn termies 4chainfists/3axs/champ with sword

karne infiltrating with 35 cultists

dreadclaw dropping in helcult stock helbrute

10 cultists to camp the backfield

10 noisemarines champ PF/LC, 2BM, 7SB, chaos rhino with caster, havoclauncher, and extra armor

5 chaos spawn of nurgle

predator with las and twinlinked las

10 nurgle havocs champ PF/LC, 4autocannons chaos rhino with caster

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sadly this list wont work to full effect. You have 4 units you need to confer infiltrate to: Huron, Terminators, Kharne, and Cultists. You can only roll at most 3 with Huron. In short this is because ICs don't join units until they are put onto the table within 2". So you must deploy all units/ICs without infiltrate during your deployment, then deploy your infiltrators during the infiltrate step.

Moving on from that, dreadclaw w/ hellcult formation? I assume that both cultists in your list are part of the formation. Why the dreadclaw? It's an expensive, paper-thin flier that does not allow assaulting on the first turn since 6th edition prevents units from assaulting the turn they arrive from reserve. If you're using it as a ranged platform it would better on the table from turn 1.

The noise marines seem to be in a dedicated shooting role. The salvo weaponry means that they never want to move. In this light, the extra armor, powerfist and lightning claw are all counterproductive upgrades.

The same goes for the havocs. They do not want to be in assault so should ditch the PF/LC and dirge caster. I'd probably ditch the MoN and a few ablative bodies as well to keep them cheap.

By dropping the unnecessary upgrades and dreadclaw you can easily add another full unit. Everything else looks good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the noise marines are a shoot/assault role the other rhino is going to take on cultists if theres no objectives in my starting area or it will advance giving cover to the other cult and huron/termies deepstrike in. the flyer is bc i like the idea of a drop pod but we dont have one and this is better bc it can move so i will be experimenting with it for a while to get a hard grasp of its worth mainly as a flying bulletsponge and also flyerhate and i can get a drop pod for very little cash and that is most important to me lol its the only thing im missing from the army and i like the model fw has but im going to make a custom one out of one or two drop pods so the infiltrators will be either 1:noise unit 2:karne and cult or 3:all three of them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts