Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IA 13 has given us the "Renegades and Heretics" army list and quite a few new CSM toys, so lets put them to good use! I wanted to make a list that had Renegades, CSM, Daemons, and a Knight for good measure. I'm going to borrow the guard bits from my IG loving friend and see how it does. You guys see any weak spots? I posted this list in the CSM area because Renegades and Heretics count as CSM on the allied matrix except that they may have one CSM ally in their Combined Arms Detachment.

Note: This list is Battle Forged and all models are Battle Brothers except for the Knight Castigator.

Main Force: Renegades and Heretics
HQ
1x (Warlord) Renegade Command Squad + Chaos Covenant of Nurgle = 55pts
Dedicated Transport: Renegade Chimera + Militia Training + Heavy Stubber = 70pts

Troops
45x Plague Zombies = 135pts
5x Renegade Infantry Veterans = 35pts
Dedicated Transport: Renegade Chimera + Militia Training + Heavy Stubber = 70pts

Heavy Support
4x Renegade Griffon Artillery = 140pts

Knight Detachment
1x Knight Castigator = 380pts

Ally: Chaos Space Marine
HQ
1x Chaos Sorcerer + Bike + Mastery Level 3 + Spell Familiar + Melta Bombs = 150pts

Troops
10x Cultists = 50pts

Fast Attack
5x Chaos Bikes + Mark of Nurgle + 2x Plasma Guns + Champion Melta Bombs = 175pts

Heavy Support
1x Chaos Fire Raptor Gunship + Autocannon Batteries + Balefire Incendiary Missiles = 225pts

Ally: Chaos Daemons
HQ
1x Daemon Prince + Daemon of Slaanesh + Wings + Warp Forged Armour + Mastery Level 3 + Greater
Reward (Whip) = 310pts

Troops
3x Nurglings = 45pts

Heavy Support
1x Soulgrinder + Daemon of Tzeentch + Baleful Torrent = 160pts

Objective Grabbers: Renegade Infantry, Cultists, Nurglings, and Zombies
The idea is to use my Renegade infantry to grab midfield objectives with their boxes while laying down some supporting fire. Cultists and Nurglings will be in reserve and will grab objectives deep in my back field. Zombies can be a great objective grabber, but unless the mission is Relic i'll be using them as a tar pit.

Tar Pit: Zombie Hoard
These guys are fearless and have a 4+ Feel No Pain; one better then their CSM zombie cousins! The unit has a huge presence on the board and will grind death stars, knights, and special snowflakes to a halt. The idea is to just take the unit and make my opponent deal with it.

Synergy/Support Unit: Sorcerer w/ Nurgle Bikes, Lash Prince
Sorcerer will roll on Telepathy looking for shrouded and Invisible. Really the whole Telepathy table lends its self well to zipping around de-buffing/buffing units and throwing out psy shriek at units with Mid and Low Leadership. Shrouding gives the bikes 2+ cover saves and Invisible needs no explanation. The bike Squad it's self will zip around shooting heavy infantry, or can charge in and melta bomb vehicles if the need arises. Sticking the Sorcerer in this squad also makes him effectively T6. The Lash Prince rolls on Biomancy, not just for Whip/Iron Arm combo but for endurance and enfeeble synergy options. Endurance is an A grade survivability buff and Enfeeble can help you Instant death Monstrous Creatures, or turn tough squads into soft targets.

Anti-Infantry Fire Support: Renegade Griffons, Fire Raptor Gunship, Renegade Chimeras, Soul Grinder
These units will be dedicated Infantry hunters. Griffons will target large blobs or units in cover. On a side note I don't know if the loyalist griffon can reroll the scatter dice but the Renegade one can. The Fire Raptor will target heavy infantry, MEQs, and monstrous creatures with its R36' S6 AP3 Twin-Linked, Heavy 7 main weapon, or large infantry blobs in cover with its S5 Large Blast, Ignores Cover missiles. Chimeras will target infantry. Soul Grinder will use its torrent weapon to target infantry as it closes in to charge vehicles.

Tank Hunters: Knight Castigator: Lash Daemon Prince, Soul Grinder, Fire Raptor Gunship (AutoCannon Batteries Only)
Knight Castigator will use its Twin-Linked S7 Heavy 8 Gun to pop medium/light vehicles (AV12 and Below) while it closes the distance to charge Heavy Vehicles (AV13+). Lash Prince Rolls on Biomancy looking for Iron Arm and uses 2d6 lash to shoot Heavy Vehicles, or uses mobility to target rear/side armor if Iron arm isn't rolled. Soul Grinder moves forward to charge heavy vehicles. The Fire Raptor Gunship can fire its two 4 shot Twin-Linked Autocannons at different targets then the main ship. I'll Be using those to pop Mid/Light vehicles.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
On a side note I don't know if the loyalist griffon can reroll the scatter dice but the Renegade one can.
Well, the Griffon is no longer in the AM codex, so apart from in Forge World lists (Krieg, etc)... there are no loyalist griffons. But yeah, they could, when they were in the codex. Folks would field a unit of basilisks or Medusas with one Griffon in. Once the Griffons got the hit, they'd then then unload with the Multiple Barrage of the heavy stuff... which no longer scatters. Dunno if you can take mixed artillery units in IA13, but might be worth considering.

I don't have a copy of IA13, but have been reading the bunches of lists folks have been posting and am really feeling its lack. Still, looks good to my inexpert eyes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks great, I'd love to hear how it plays.

I'm partial to one griffon + a few wyvren in a unit. Wyvren are fantastic and can get some extra accuracy from scattering a large blast first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts