Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
If you want to go with the Inq/Retinue just drop some of the PP's, especially in the CCS's...seen as they have Meltas.

As bishop5 said, drop the Stubber.

HF's are better on Manticores, the HB won't kill much on a single unit, plus the HF will give you some protection from enemy that gets close.

The HB's actually work better on the Vendettas rather than Valkyries because they restrict the latter's movement..the Vendetta will only be moving 6" anyway most times, not so the Valks.

I don't like putting early-game Units in Vendettas because it puts them in harm's way to early in the game for my liking, so I transport late-game units like SWS with Flamers/Demo in them, and use it as a Gunship for the first few turns when the 3 t/l Lascannons have a target rich environment.

I think the PSB should be larger, at least to S8, because they aren't that hard to kill, and once you lose some the Blast strength decreases to the point it's ineffective..so extra wounds are needed to keep it a viable unit for longer.

With get's hot I take my chances..Doctrines are too expensive, for Vets anyway. If I give my CCS's Plasma I take Carapace..it's cheaper that way.

Overall a very nice list, just some tweaks..best of luck with it:wink:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Looks very good to me.
Only you would know if you have the right mix of weapons to fight the armies you face in your area..I have as much Plasma as you do because I face a ton of MEQ/TEQ lists, and sometimes would like more even...plus I don't like all-Melta period.

Melta Bombs I will buy if I have points spare, but the only Doctrine I ever take is Carapace Armour for my Plasma CCS. In the end stuff like Krak/PP's/most Doctrines should only be taken if you consider that the Units you could afforded for those same points are actually worth taking in the first place. For example you have approximately 50 pts which would get you a second Unit of Ratlings..up to you to decide what you'd rather take.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
are ratlings bad? I thought that BS4 snipers were supposed to be worth taking?
I don't rate them much at all really, but it's not my list. If you want Sniper Rifles Ratlings are the ones to take to get them, so at least you haven't wasted any Vet SW slots to field them..that would be a travesty.

and is Marbo really that good? I was hoping to keep a mechanized list... tho I guess Marbo for sniper space hobbits still leaves one squad without a plastic coffin ... errr I mean armored transport.
I don't take him in competitive lists so much but at least you don't need to build a large portion of your army around him for him to shine, which is what is required of some characters. He has some nifty abilities..Stealth, move through cover, BS5 so his Demo Charge will usually hit, and can pop up anywhere you want to put him, so He often wipes out his intended target but then dies shortly after.

Like with most Characters/wargear in the Codex only take him if you have the points spare..and for me that means I've performed a Forensics Accounting analysis of my list to ensure every Unit is at maximum efficiency capability:biggrin:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts