Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running my Draigowing army for a while now and the lack of reliable long range anti-tank and blast templates irked me. I've been lucky so far and managed to storm armies despite this. But with the new Imperial Knight release, it seems that it might solve the issue and I was wondering if it'll work.

HQ: Draigo
Troops1: 10 men Paladin, 4 MC Psycannons, Psybolt ammo Brotherhood Banner, 6 Halberds, 2 Swords, 2 Hammers
Troops2: 10 men Strike, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt
Troops2: 10 men Strike, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt

1450 points

Elites: Vindicaire

145 points

Secondary Detachment:
Imperial Knight Errant

370 points

Total: 1965 points.

From my current list to this, I dropped 2 Stormravens and a 5 man Terminator squad with Unkillable Thawn (with a 10 men Strike). I also dropped an Ordos Xenos Inquisitor with Conversion Beamer and 3 servo skulls.

I have more Stormbolters now with more bodies but I lose my servo skull (I might just take an inquisitor with the remaining points just for this, they were really useful in my last few games). Though I lose the Stormravens, I get the Knight Errant, which seems way more unkillable and more reliable firepower. Not to mention the Errant has the Destroyer Reaper Chainsword if the Thermal Cannon didn't kill all the tanks.

I know the Vindicaire seems odd but it's there just for sniping out HQs, high priority targets (anyone with a psychic hood especially) and because this list can be tiered, it's my main anti-tank at 1500 points. Plus being able to pop Invul saves is pretty damn awesome

I'd like to stick a Divination Psyker in there for Prescience but a cheap inquisitor tagging along with any of the shooting units will probably be promptly shot to pieces.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I dunno.... Couldn't you get the same end result, basically, with a Nemesis Dreadknight using a Heavy psycannon and a greatsword? You could use a Personal Teleporter, get more mobility, a rending template instead of the melta template, a smaller target in general, and then with an extra hundred points you could theoretically put TWO power armored divination psykers in, one in each Strike Squad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just personally dislike the Dreadknights. The model is pretty hideous but in terms of tabletop, I've always got a mixed bag of results. That's why I had originally opted for Stormravens for my heavy firepower. Though the Dreadknight has it's strengths, mostly in the pulping things to death.

I just wanted to play around with the idea of an Imperial Knight. The Stormravens can provide good firepower too, with the bonus of Firepower, but the Knight can do LoS blocking, it's a massive fire magnet and relatively survivable with the shielding (or I think it's survivable) and it can wreck any heavy units.

But the idea of a Divination psyket in each Strike squad is tempting, with the psyker being able to tag along if the Stormraven picked up the Strikes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts