Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've written up an Eldar tournament list, unsure what will be played and it's a take all comers list:
Without further adeiu:

Farseer
Runes of Witnessing, Eldar Jetbike

Autarch
Fusion Gun, Laser Lance, Banshee Mask, Eldar Jetbike, Mantle of the Laughing God

Windrider Jetbike Squad x3
Shuriken Cannon

Windrider Jetbike Squad x3
Shuriken Cannon

Dire Avengers x9
Wave Serpent with Scatterlaser, Shuriken Cannon and Holofields

Dire Avengers x9

Fire Dragons x5
Exarch with Firepike

Crimson Hunter Exarch

Warp Spiders x5
Exarch with fast shot and spinaret rifle

Swooping Hawks x6
Exarch with sunrifle

Fire Prism
Holofields

War Walker Squadronx3
Scatterlaser & Brightlancex2
Scatterlaser & Eldar Missile Launcher

The plan is to dominate in first strike, adaptability and maneuverability, with all squads deep striking, outflanking or coming from reserve it gives me lots of flexibility to focus on a point hard. The general idea is to focus on damage dealing up until turn 4/5 and then go for objectives, maximising the damage I can do.

·
Registered
992 Posts
It looks like a solid list to me. Not my style of list, but solid. I think I would substitute the EML for the Fusion Gun on the Mantle-taurch. You need him and his reserve shenanigans and he will still be able to deliver anti-tank fire-power, but from extreme ranges with the EML. That range, plus the mantle, should keep him alive better than having to charge forward into close range with the enemy to get good use out of the Fusion rifle.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks good, but:

- Dragon Exarch doesn't need the pike for anything. In a situation where he benefits from the extra range, the rest of the squad is prolly out of range and the single shot won't do enough anyway. Dragon Exarch with Fast Shot, on the other hand, makes the squad shootier than adding another Dragon (although it does nothing to make the squad more resilient.. There's room in the Serpent!)

- The only situation where having a Warp Spider Exarch with Fast Shot and Spinneret Rifle is more effective than just having more Spiders is when you're shooting sv2+ guys... And even then it is super costly and you end up with a smaller, AKA punier, unit.

OK, OK, you get some precision shots with Exarchs but honestly, when have they changed the game? And precision shots work both ways, Exarchs are just way costlier than any single models the opponent might have..

- I don't see the point in Swooping Hawks (no matter how cheap they are). I do see the point in more Fire Prisms, though ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The Fire Pike is good because it means you can allocate wounds up to 18" away, rather than 12".
Swooping Hawks get enough shooting to be viable now - with haywire grenades they'll even threaten super heavies. I prefer the hawks talon to the sun rifle though...I've even killed vehicles with rear armour shots with mine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like the list, With battle focus and fleet i don't see any need for a fire pike in the dragons. its just not worth it.
Same for all exarchs now. Can't think of any that got better apart from scorpions and even then I'm not sure that justifies the points sink.
more dudes on the table is better in my opinion.
Also I really think hawks took a blow. unless you play against lots of orks, nids or IG I would go for a second squad of spiders. however they can be fun. they are just overshadowed by better fast attack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts