Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running my Draigowing army for a while now and the lack of reliable long range anti-tank and blast templates irked me. I've been lucky so far and managed to storm armies despite this. But with the new Imperial Knight release, it seems that it might solve the issue and I was wondering if it'll work.

HQ: Draigo
Troops1: 10 men Paladin, 4 MC Psycannons, Psybolt ammo Brotherhood Banner, 6 Halberds, 2 Swords, 2 Hammers
Troops2: 10 men Strike, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt
Troops2: 10 men Strike, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt

1450 points

Elites: Vindicaire

145 points

Secondary Detachment:
Imperial Knight Errant

370 points

Total: 1965 points.

From my current list to this, I dropped 2 Stormravens and a 5 man Terminator squad with Unkillable Thawn (with a 10 men Strike). I also dropped an Ordos Xenos Inquisitor with Conversion Beamer and 3 servo skulls.

I have more Stormbolters now with more bodies but I lose my servo skull (I might just take an inquisitor with the remaining points just for this, they were really useful in my last few games). Though I lose the Stormravens, I get the Knight Errant, which seems way more unkillable and more reliable firepower. Not to mention the Errant has the Destroyer Reaper Chainsword if the Thermal Cannon didn't kill all the tanks.

I know the Vindicaire seems odd but it's there just for sniping out HQs, high priority targets (anyone with a psychic hood especially) and because this list can be tiered, it's my main anti-tank at 1500 points. Plus being able to pop Invul saves is pretty damn awesome

I'd like to somehow fit a Divination psyker in there too but it's not really necessary. Prescience would be sheer overkill in the Pallie Deathstar but a cheap Inquisitor psyker would get shot to pieces tagging along with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I have modified the list after playing it a bit.

HQ: Draigo
HQ: Ordos Malleus Inqusitor, TDA, Psyker level 1, 3 servo skulls
Troops1: 10 men Paladin, 4 MC Psycannons, Apocthecary, Brotherhood Banner, 5 Halberds, 2 Swords, 2 Hammers
Troops2: 10 men Strike, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt ammo
Troops2: 5 men Strike, 1 Psycannons

1479 points

Elites: Vindicaire

145 points

Allied Detachment:
Imperial Knight Paladin

375 points

Total: 1999 points.

I want to change one of the Strikes into Purifier squads because of their strength now but that's about it. And maybe have another list where I have a Stormraven for transport

1 - 3 of 3 Posts