Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why I put this together, but after I did I decided it actually looked pretty good. So I figured I'd show it off to see what people think.

Azrael

Ravenwing Attack Squad
5+1 bikes, 2 Plasma Guns
MM Attack Bike
Typhoon Speeder

Ravenwing Attack Squad
5+1 bikes, 2 Plasma Guns
MM Attack Bike
Typhoon Speeder

Ravenwing Attack Squad
5+1 bikes, 2 Plasma Guns
MM Attack Bike
Typhoon Speeder

Deathwing Terminator Squad
4+1, 1 w/ TH/SS/CML

4+1, 1 w/ TH/SS/CML

Deathwing Knights

ADL + Icarus

So that's it. Azrael is by himself on the Icarus just to make a mess of things, while the rest of the army is hopefully into the other guy's teeth on turn 1. DW Assault comes down on Scouting, Turbo-boosting teleport homers. It lacks significant anti-armor, but there are the three MM bikes, and a decent amount of strength 8 missiles and fists. If anything, I'd drop the DW Knights and add one of the piss-poor Nephilim. Azrael could take the Comm Relay warlord trait to make sure it got in when it was safe, and I'd have enough points to take the Quad Gun instead if I wanted.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Actually, I do want to experiment with azrael, but with IG as troops. A blob of IG with azrael in there to give them a 4++ seems nasty... especially if he makes the whole unit fearless..

Gives you some hydra's as AA or some vendetta's to keep the skies clear.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Variant List:

Azrael

Ravening Attack Squad
5+1 Bikes
x2 Plasma Guns
Attack Bike w/ MM
Typhoon Speeder

Ravening Attack Squad
5+1 Bikes
x2 Plasma Guns
Attack Bike w/ MM
Typhoon Speeder

Ravening Attack Squad
5+1 Bikes
x2 Plasma Guns
Attack Bike w/ MM
Typhoon Speeder

4+1
1 w/ TH/SS/CML

4+1
1 w/ TH/SS/CML

Scout Squad
4+1
Camo Cloaks, Sniper Rifles

Typhoon Speeder

Typhoon Speeder

Aegis w/ Quad Gun

So. Azrael + the Scouts hunker down behind the Aegis, blasting things out of the sky and/or popping whatever targets might need dying. Attack Bikes w/ MMs are dedicated for Tank Hunting, RW bikes combat squad, 2 Plasmas together to go after TEQ style targets with bolter bikes causing mischief. And So. Many. Missiles.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Attack Bikes w/ MMs are dedicated for Tank Hunting
I did this for some time with two MM attack bikes in my BA, always playing them as separate squads never the same unit simply to confound my opponent and make him choose which one he was shooting at. It's glorious right up until pie plates come down (I employed this against IG most frequently) and scatter to cover both models. It's amazing how many FnP saves I make compared to Jink saves. I think my dice know what's going on...

As for which emplaced weapon to take, what sort of fliers do you face? The only way I take the Quad Gun these days is if my IF devastators are manning it for Tank Hunter re-rolls, but I predominantly face AV12 fliers.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't like the Nephilim, but I have to admit it kind of feels right with this army. Here's another try with this list.

Azrael (taking the 'Comm Relay' warlord trait)

Dark Angels Scouts
6+1, Camo Cloaks, Sniper Rifles

Ravening Attack Squad
5+1 Bikes
x2 Plasma Guns
Attack Bike w/ MM

Ravening Attack Squad
5+1 Bikes
x2 Plasma Guns
Attack Bike w/ MM

Ravening Attack Squad
5+1 Bikes
x2 Plasma Guns
Attack Bike w/ MM

4+1
1 w/ TH/SS/CML

4+1
1 w/ TH/SS/CML

Nephilim

Nephilim

Aegis w/ Icarus

I lose the fragile Landspeeders, but add two jets that Azrael can control their arrival. Not a great unit at all, but it fits the theme, I suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts