Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 2k list based around 3 squads of cult troops, mostly Tzeentch themed. I have a squad of 'zerkers for some assaulty goodness.

HQ
Ahriman

Elite
5 Chosen CSM
4 Melta guns
Icon of CG
Rhino w/ xtra armor & Havoc launcher

Troops
1) 8 'Zerkers, 1 Skull Champ w/ P. Fist
2,3) 8 T. Son's, Aspiring Sorc w/ Doombolt, in a Rhino w/ xtra armor & Havoc launcher

Heavy
3 Obliterators (x2)

Chaos Land Raider w/ xtra armor

Total - 1996

Ahriman will likely start attached to one of the T. Son's squads on a Rhino. The 'zerkers will start in the Land Raider & will lend assault support where needed. One squad of 'blit's will start on table, the other will teleport where needed. The Chosen will outflank & try to catch a vehicle or squad unsupported. Preferably a juicy tank or tough infantry unit.

Comments/criticism welcome.

~Lord Xythius

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I have to say, I like this list!

One thing I might think about would be to drop the extra armour on the chosen squad, as really it just a 15 point waste. A large percent of the time, they will outflank, kill a tank/vehicle/whatever, and die the next turn. Also, if the havoc launchers dont work out after a few games, I would drop them and fill out the Berzerker squad to 10 men.

Good List :victory:

·
Registered
941 Posts
I also like the list, I agree with dawnstar about the extra armor!:victory:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input gentlemen! I'll drop the extra armor on the Chosen Rhino, & upgrade one of the Chosen to a Champ & give him a flamer. We'll see how the Havoc launchers work out, if they're not to my liking, I'll ditch them & fill out the Berzerkers.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Good for a themed list. Not super fluffy, but good. I would only ever take chosen in one build: 5 of them all with meltas in a bare bones rhino for 175 points. No need for a mark, a champ, any rhino upgrades. All five can take special weapons, no need for a champ upgrade. They are probably all going to die after their one turn of glory, so cheap is good. I would also probably not take a LR to transport the Zerkers, opting instead for a second squad of them, both in rhinos. Two squads of Zerkers will outperform one in a LR any day, and will be tactically superior as you will now have two counter-assault squads that can be split between battles as necessary. Or if you like you could add a third Tsons squad to build on your theme. If you need to trim a few more points, Zerkers work well with squad sizes of 8 total (including the champ). I'm also a fan of completely bare bones rhinos on all squads, except for a squad that is going to hold back and provide fire support. Then I will take a havoc launcher. Rhinos are cheap. Its what makes them an awesome transport. Bring them up to the cost of other army's transports and they fall short, if that makes sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts